Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for an Agriculture Field Engineer to join our Agriculture team in Napa, CA. Agriculture Field Engineer will primarily involve project management and technical deployment of developmental Yamaha agricultural robotics and data initiatives in conjunction with Yamaha’s commercial agricultural spray service in Napa, CA.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Project management and product development of Yamaha robotics and data initiatives
- Planning and technical evaluation of novel agricultural technology initiatives
- Collaborate with both internal and external project stakeholders to ensure effective and desirable outcomes
- Maintain knowledge of Yamaha prototype vehicles and integrated sensors in order to troubleshoot & support as needed
- Effectively analyze challenges and use problem solving skills to provide impactful solutions
- Test equipment to ensure its safety and reliability
- Review technical specifications, and adjust engineering plans for compliance with regulations
- Perform ground-based agricultural spray services operating Yamaha spray systems equipment and supporting activities including planning, application and cleanup
- Conduct site evaluations to determine if sites are an appropriate fit to utilize Yamaha’s spray services and conduct mission planning
- Perform maintenance on spray services equipment
- Work on research and ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Ag Business Development Manager
- Other Duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Agriculture, or related field (or comparable work experience)
- 7+ years’ experience project management
- System Integration experience centered around sensor technology Required
- Image recognition and machine learning experience a plus
- Experience operating ground-based spray equipment (including tractors and sprayers) Preferred
- Qualified Applicator License Cat D Preferred
- Vineyard field experience Preferred
- Experience transporting trailered equipment, Class A License Preferred
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner with both internal and external project stakeholders
- Strong communicator with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- 10% travel required
Reports to: Agriculture Business Development Manager.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.