The intern will be responsible of Verifk8 technology implementation on sugar cane farms and shrimp farms for the pilot phase. The intern will mostly work on sustainability specific projects and will also contribute to other FairAgora projects in other commodities such as seafood, spirulina or as per FairAgora Asia clients’ needs. The intern work will be mostly related to standards and certification advisory services (BONSUCRO, SEASAIP, Organic regulation, GMP, HACCP, ISO, etc.). The intern would benefit from a unique exposure to the key sustainability right issues in Southeast Asia food supply chain, working also on social compliance and contributes to the discussion in a proactive way.
1. Support the next VerifiK8 deployment strategy
- Study of the partners, buyers and technical provider’s needs; strategy development for sugar cane and marine trade sector.
- Literature on the other sustainable standards which could be integrated in Verifk8 platform;
- Follow-up with potential buyers of Verifk8 solution for sugarcane and seafood
- Support the sustainability technical report writing in sugar cane/rice/seafood initiatives in SouthEast Asia countries,
- Help in the preparation for competition and start-up pitch entries for funds, grants and investors
2. Provide support and collaboration to the Verifik8 sugarcane project
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
- Review existing publications on production monitoring in social and environmental aspects.
- Identify relevant studies to feed Verifik8 crosscheck processing: farm description and concepts internationally used;
- Prepare technical reports and information for incorporation in the Database or other related information system pieces as will be required.
- Work closely with the sugarcane project office team & the pilots farms: project planning, logistics (timeline, objectives, outputs and results analysis)
- Participate in the selection and adjustment of the metrics chosen to monitor environmental and social performances of the farms.
- Coordinate the activities related to Verifik8 deployment such as farmers trainings and advisory, workshops, surveys., etc.
– Technical reports and analysis of the results of the project in sugarcane sector.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
- University degree in a field related to aquaculture/agriculture or other related areas (agronomy/project management/ environment/natural resource management/food safety)
- Field experience in the agricultural or aquaculture sector will be an advantage
- Strong interest to work in a startup environment;
- Strong interest in sustainability impact and technology related;
- Interest in working in multicultural and multidisciplinary environment, (Government, NGO’s, Donors, Civil Society),
- Strong skills in project planning, financing, management, implementation, and evaluation;
- Basic English communication skills (oral and written);
- Thai National. Other languages such as Vietnamese, Lao, Bahasa or Tagalog will be an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to adapt and develop strong relationships at all levels.
Salary: A monthly stipend will be provided to support daily expenses in Bangkok
Location: Bangkok, Thailand with potential trips to other parts of Thailand and other Southeast Asian countries
Starting date: As soon as possible
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]