Creating a healthy, humane, and sustainable food supply
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic efficacy and the exploitation of billions of animals annually. The Good Food Institute’s Social Media Specialist has a critical role in ensuring that a good food future happens as quickly and efficiently as possible. At GFI, you will help lead the conversation on the growing plant-based and “clean meat” industries to further the work of the world’s top entrepreneurs and scientists who are focused on developing healthy, humane, and sustainable alternatives to factory-farmed products.
How You Will Make a Difference
As GFI’s Socia Media Specialist, you will be responsible for sharing the food technology revolution with the world! Sustainable plant-based and clean foods will change millions of lives for the better, and you will help promote these innovative new products and technologies through GFI’s social media platforms. You will directly influence the future of food by building connections with industry leaders, growing our virtual audience, and ensuring clean and plant-based foods have a significant and compelling online presence. This game-changing role includes:
- Developing engaging content for GFI’s Blog.
- Managing GFI’s social media presence, including creating dynamic content, overseeing live events, and staying on top of the latest trends and emerging forms of social media.
- Assisting in the development and execution of campaign strategies for the communications department and mission-aligned startups.
- Stewarding relationships with social media influencers as well as other internet personalities through networking, cold calling, in-person meetings, and liaising with talent and booking agents.
- Traveling as necessary to produce and launch content, meet with food industry leaders and social media influencers, work events, and attend industry conferences.
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking smart, thoughtful, and creative self-starters who want to push back against climate change, transform industrial animal agriculture, and develop healthy and humane foods that are accessible to everyone.
AgFunder Co-Investment Fund III is now open for investment. Closing June 15, Spots are limited.
The Social Media Specialist must be extremely creative, have a strong work ethic, exceptional writing abilities, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and enthusiasm about GFI’s mission. Above all, you need have an upbeat, engaging personality and the ability to respond quickly and creatively when sharing new information with our audience. You will enjoy a high level of autonomy in this role and must be self-motivated, work well both independently and in concert with a larger group, and be comfortable working with a rapidly evolving and growing team.
We are considering candidates with a minimum of 2 years of experience engaging in social media advocacy and thorough knowledge of social media channels and related measurement software, tools, and procedures. A bachelor’s degree and experience with WordPress are strongly preferred.
Enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, working from home, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues at The Good Food Institute!
To apply for this job please visit www.gfi.org.