SunCulture has reached an exciting phase in in its development and is poised for significant growth. Aside from direct cash sales of its products, SunCulture has pioneered the sale of its flagship RainMaker product through a customer financing scheme called PayGrow.
The Company is looking for a talented and driven individual with strong knowledge of the consumer financing space, particularly as regards pay-as-you-go (“PAYG”) lending schemes, to scale this initiative and take it to the next stage.
As Head of Credit you would have primary responsibility for SunCulture’s customer financing strategy and the execution of that strategy.
Key aspects of the role would include
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
- Managing and building out a team to execute that strategy;
- Ensuring the systems and process are in place to execute that strategy;
- Reporting on and managing the Company’s customer credit risk; and
- Assessing the options for financing the Company’s customer loan portfolio.
Does this sound like you?
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the rapid growth environment, i.e. building a new business
- Consumer finance and credit risk experience (particularly in the PAYG segment) and assessing complex data sets to optimise credit performance
- End user asset financing experience in developing countries; experience financing farmers or solar power for low-income consumers will be an advantage
- Able to represent the credit function at Board level, with the communication skills required to communicate complex messages to a wide variety of audiences
- Experience of building and managing operational credit teams
- Proficient in financial modelling and credit analysis
- Experience of working and living in Africa
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinker
- Willing and able to make and execute hard decisions – own the process, own the strategy, own the outcomes
- Able to manage a variety of large tasks with competing timelines and priorities
- Enjoy being in the field, but also able to work strategically with the other senior executives
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
To apply for this job please visit goo.gl.