Spoiler Alert is a Boston-based technology company that helps organizations manage unsold food inventory. The startup – born out of MIT in June 2015 – offers a collaborative, online platform that enables food businesses, farms, and nonprofits to create or recover value from surplus food and organic waste.
Spoiler Alert is venture-funded and was a member of the 2016 cohort of Techstars Boston and 2015 winner of MassChallenge. The company prides itself on its collaborative culture and mission-driven aspirations, and values transparency, personal growth, and results. Spoiler Alert’s offices are centrally located on Boylston Street in Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood.
The Marketing Manager role will be responsible for driving the company’s lead generation through content development, sales enablement, and inbound marketing strategies aimed at engaging the food wholesale distribution and manufacturing industries. You will play a significant role in developing content that is used to engage our target personas, designing sales collateral that supports business development efforts, and optimizing our website to drive top-of-funnel pipeline growth around the topics of sustainable food practices, supply chain management, and food waste awareness.
We are looking for someone passionate about implementing a quantitative and measured approach to marketing strategy that both improves our brand as a leader in food waste management and leads to a significant improvement in lead generation.
As the Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Creating sales collateral that generates awareness for Spoiler Alert’s Enterprise offering
- Researching target personas and continuously optimizing marketing efforts based on quantifiable performance data
- Performing benchmarking and analytics to identify new strategies for engaging key industry verticals
- Creating sequenced lifecycle email and lead nurturing campaigns with clear segmentation
- Developing and launching content campaigns, including e-books and webinars
- Implementing automated/streamlined mechanisms for qualifying potential leads and moving them to the next stage of the sales pipeline
- Leveraging data to understand what works for our industry and help inform strategic direction
- Identifying, tracking and building scalable, automated methods for measuring relevant site visits, lead and conversion metrics
- Driving ideation and content creation for company’s marketing website
- Managing external design/creative firms or individuals from storyboard through to deliverable
- Developing SEO and link building strategies intended to increase site traffic
- Speaking on behalf of the company at community, industry and recruiting events
- Identifying co-marketing opportunities and developing joint campaigns
- Publishing fresh content for the company’s blog, social channels, and monthly newsletters
- Managing the company’s Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn profiles
This is a full-time role for an individual based in Boston. You will work closely with Spoiler Alert’s Business Development, Customer Success, and Product teams.
Ideal candidates have relevant marketing experience, are well versed in the industry, and can show a demonstrable passion towards the company’s brand and mission. Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in relevant field
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in marketing
- Past work experience in enterprise and/or SaaS technology space; experience with a technology startup, food business, or hunger relief organization is a plus
- Experience with sales collateral development, marketing automation and channel partnerships
- Experience driving and measuring site traffic, page views, downloads, demos and enrollments
- Clear passion towards content creation, together with demonstrable portfolio of writing samples
- Excellent communication, writing, and research skills, together with a results oriented mindset
- Demonstrated eagerness to learn, adapt, and experiment, together with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adjust priorities on-the-fly
- Proficiency with website management; design experience is a plus
- Experience with HubSpot or comparable CRM, content management and website-design platform
- Mastery of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
Candidates should be creative, independent and efficient; eager to learn and build our brand; and capable of delivering results. They should – without question – be passionate about our mission, including food system improvement, sustainability, and technology innovation. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing early-stage company while also making a positive impact on the world we live in.
To apply for this job please visit www.spoileralert.com.