The Cotton Research and Development Corporation (CRDC) delivers outcomes in cotton research, development and extension (RD&E) for the Australian cotton industry.
A partnership between the Commonwealth Government and cotton growers, CRDC invests in world-leading RD&E to benefit Australia’s dynamic cotton industry, and the wider community. We invest in innovation and transformative technologies to deliver impact, and as an organisation we are ambitious, agile, and adaptive.
CRDC wishes to appoint a Commercialisation Manager, operating within a progressive, open innovation model, to lead the commercialisation of research outputs and manage intellectual property (IP) for the organisation.
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
As Commercialisation Manager you will:
- Develop and assess opportunities for potential commercialisation across CRDC’s portfolio of research projects, innovation pipeline and IP assets
- Establish an effective process and framework to manage commercialisation of research outputs to protect and manage IP generated from CRDC research projects
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify, evaluate and develop a pipeline, proactively managing projects through to completion
- Lead detailed technology, commercial and IP due diligence of research outputs to determine alignment with market applications
- Negotiate commercial terms for licensing, sale or co-development of IP projects, ensuring ongoing contractual adherence
- Provide expert advice and guidance to the Board, IP Committee, Executive team and staff on all aspects of commercialisation
- Foster a culture of commercialisation, building capabilities and knowledge across CRDC to strengthen awareness and ability to identify and capitalise on opportunities
- Possess high level interpersonal skills in building and maintaining networks and relationships with diverse stakeholders relating to the commercialisation of IP
We are keen to hear from you if:
- You have tertiary qualifications and proven experience (preferably 5-10 years) in commercialisation of research within innovation, research, commercial or investment environments, which may include alternative funding models, such as venture capital, philanthropy and crowd sourcing.
- You possess outstanding leadership and organisational skills including the capacity to initiate, lead and negotiate in a dynamic environment.
- You are an energetic self-starter with a strategic and commercial mindset who is passionate about delivering innovation to the Australian cotton industry from a strong R&D portfolio.
- You understand best practice IP management, IP and company law.
- You are willing to be an active participant in a small, dynamic team environment.
- You are willing to travel as part of the role.
This role is an exciting opportunity with a progressive organisation committed to continuous improvement and adoption of world leading R&D for Australia’s cotton industry. CRDC’s head office is in Narrabri NSW, one of Australia’s largest cotton-growing areas and centres for research, however, the location of the position, within eastern Australia, will be flexible.
To enquire please phone Mick Hay or Sharon Moloney on 1300 380 701 or apply with your CV and application letter to www.rimfireresources.com.au
To apply for this job please visit www.rimfireresources.com.au.