At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
One way that we do this is through vertical plane, technologically advanced indoor farms. Indoor farms are incredibly complex, and require massive amounts of design and process work as well as training data generation – much of this work starts in Plant Science.
We’re looking for a Projects manager who can help us build the farms of the future by being the organizational tissue between Plant Science, the rest of the Plenty organization and the outside world. This is a project management job that will demand scientific knowledge and interest, excellent organizational and operational skills, and great people skills.
What You’ll Do
– Develop and own project management for the Plant Science team
– Help to shape a culture of creativity and innovative thinking through project planning and management, communication of planning and project progression and helping to build the organizational and logistical grid that Plant Sciences will run on.
– Assist in planning and managing our R&D projects, ensuring that contractors are meeting deadlines, and that our supply chain is being well managed.
– Occasionally help with special promotional events.
– Work closely with plant scientists to understand their needs and ensure that the office of the PM is being catalytic to science operations.
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
What We’re Looking For
– 3+ years of project management experience
– Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines
– Experience in project management running complex projects
– Ability to leverage internal and external R&D resources
– Exceptional oral, written, and professional presence is required
– Some experience in a scientific field or a scientific degree is required
– Self-driven, and capable of driving projects with little oversight
– Sets a high standard for performance. – Pursues goals with purpose and a sense of urgency
– Eagerness to work in a hyper-growth environment
– Passion to take initiative and drive change
– A general knowledge of CPG retail grocery preferably with perishable products
– Basic knowledge of product development/testing in a food-manufacturing environment
– A passion for food, intellectual curiosity, and bias for action
– Understanding of science and laboratory practices and needs
Plenty is a new kind of farm for a new kind of world. We’re on a mission to bring fresh, local produce to communities everywhere in a way that’s better for the environment by using 1% of the water, 1% of the land, and none of the synthetic pesticides or fertilizers of conventional agriculture. Our local field-scale indoor farms are creating a healthier, more delicious and sustainable future.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.