We build smart sensors to analyse crops in real-time anywhere
Our work contributes to a world in which agriculture is done more efficiently and reduces the impact on our planet. We build sensors and analytics software for scientists, breeders and farmers around the world to better understand and manage their crops – any time and any environment. We help to automate hardest jobs in plant science, plant breeding and in agriculture by solid and elegant solutions. We are an international team coming from diverse backgrounds in plant science, agriculture, physics, computer vision and business and we love to solve challenging problems.
Working as a Lead Robotics Engineer at Phenospex:
You will be part of our ambitious R&D team and be responsible for leading an exciting new program that sits at the intersection of agriculture machine vision and robotics. This new project has tremendous potential to help farmers all over the world and will have a major impact on today’s farming practices. Your overall goal is to deliver an agricultural robot for the European market.
• Design, test and build a safe and economical agricultural robot while using CAD systems
• Technically lead a Software Developer, Technician as well as an external Mechanical Designer
• Manage the project schedule, budget and risk
• Define electrical and mechanical interfaces
• Conduct lab and field tests in cooperation with pilot customers
This position will require you to travel approx. 40 days a year
AgFunder Co-Investment Fund III is now open for investment. Closing June 15, Spots are limited.
• Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering (Industrial Automation, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical, Electronic Engineering or Robotics)
• 5+ years of professional experience in the field of Automation (PLC) and/or Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical, Electronic Engineering or Robotics
• Strong skills in automation technology using a CAD system (preferably SolidWorks 3D)
• Experience with B&R PLCs, HMI and IO modules is a plus
• Proven Project Management skills and mechanical aptitude
• Excellent technical leadership skills; structured communication with internal and external stakeholders
• Fluent English, German and Dutch are optional
• Proven ability to take ownership, plan, and execute, even in the presence of uncertainty
• Comfortable working in a dynamic start-up environment; ability to “roll-up your sleeves” and lead by example
• Prepared to upgrade technical knowledge constantly to keep abreast of new developments
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]