Website Oasis Biotech LLC
Vertical Farming---Oasis Biotech
Job Description Summary:
OBT looking for teammates who love a CHALLENGE, who love to LEARN new things, who are INSPIRED by failure, and who go ABOVE AND BEYOND their responsibilities for the sake of their team.
The Master Grower will work as part of a team launching a new indoor farm in the Las Vegas area. Grower will assist in daily operations and all aspects of planning, execution, and management; will oversee and manage research; and will support the founders in all business tasks.
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist managing an indoor vertical farm, with a wide array of irrigation, fertilizer, media, cultivars, pest management, and lighting techniques implemented in crop producing grow rooms and/or within laboratory experiments. Knowledgeable and familiar with multi zone, computer controlled climate systems, and hydroponic NFT systems a plus.
- Create and modify cultivation SOPs, to include nutrient regiments for hydroponic NFT systems. Knowledgeable of nutrient overdose effects on total nutrient absorption, disease, fungus, algal, and pest identification under microscope with experience in best practice management a plus.
- Assist overseeing and managing basic and complex experimental seeding, transplanting, and harvesting procedures for different cultivars with consistency in quality and quantity, measurable by specific testing patterns and procedures in-house and with third party consultants.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment at all times.
- Perform daily water testing and obtain nutrient solutions and plant tissue samples for shipping to laboratories for analysis. Must be able to identify nutrient deficiencies in plant tissue physiology by look, feel, or touch with reference materials as back-up.
- Quantify and qualify data produced from computer CEA systems, special sensors, and monitoring laboratory equipment.
- Maintain accurate daily activity records and operation logs as directed while assisting in the drafting of the company’s Operating Manual.
- Assist with daily sanitation and organization of all equipment present within the facility.
- Conduct minor facility maintenance and trouble-shooting experiments as necessary.
- Support to determine staffing needs, recruiting and hiring process.
- Assist managing product quality based on plant tissue and nutritional analysis conducted either in-house or by third party consultants.
- Support to obtain and manage GAP and GHP certification with USDA along with any other certification identified by the Client as requested to support product purchases.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master Grower Certification, and/or other educational and field experience related to the horticultural Industry related to plant physiology, plant biology, or other agricultural fields of study.
- Minimum of (3) years managing a grow facility in laboratory experimentation, commercial crop production, or in an educational format to promote horticultural studies.Knowledge of Horticulture equipment and hydroponic irrigation systems.
- Capable of performing routine management and able to make equipment repair or notify proper personnel when unable to.
- Proficient with Google Docs and/or Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to plan ahead, trouble-shoot, anticipate problems, and problem solve.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at a time.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ebb & Flow, Deep Water Culture, and NFT growing methods.
- Extensive knowledge of nutrients and plant science a must!
- Experience farming/growing in a controlled environment related to indoor vertical farming techniques will be a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]