Website Marrone Bio Innovations
This position is located in Florida.
The Regional Sales Support (RSS) conducts lead generation in an assigned territory. Collaborates with Sales Territory Manager(s) to implement agreed upon sales strategies which will meet business goals of expanding customer base in the marketing area. The RSS partners with the sales and support teams to achieve revenue goals, short-term account goals, and enhanced customer satisfaction consistent with our culture of ethics. This position will report to the Territory Sales Manager and indirectly report to the VP of Sales and Business Development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Focused on creating product demand within the area with channel partners and growers.
- Manage channel and end user relationships effectively to maximize sales and market share.
- Execute a Pull Through strategy at the end user level.
- Train Distributor/Dealer/PCA’s on the proper use of MBI products.
- Develop strong internal working relationships with key MBI colleagues in Sales, Product Management, Product Development and key admin and R&D personnel.
- Implement grower demos where appropriate.
- Participate, present, and/or display at key industry meetings.
- Manage expense budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in Life Sciences or an agriculture-related field.
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
- The successful candidate must reside in the geographic location desired.
- Must have the ability and experience to sell a highly technical product.
- A minimum of 0-3 years of sales experience with pesticide products.
- An accomplished sales management background in the agricultural chemical product space.
- Bio-pesticide experience is preferred but not required.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods. Utilizing extensive use of computer, keyboard, mouse and monitor.
- Ability to drive a vehicle for extended period of times to different locations within assigned territory.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Work may also be required in a venue such as a hotel or other organization’s meeting room, conference, or convention space with the possible inclusion of weekends.
- Ability to walk in and around agriculture production sites to evaluate pest populations and crop conditions in all weather conditions.
- Overnight travel to annual meetings/conferences (up to 7 consecutive days) required: overnight travel to other meetings (typically 1-5 consecutive days); inclusion of weekends may be involved.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the agricultural chemical market as a whole and how it relates to the distribution channel, large key growers and university and other important centers of influence.
- Must be self-motivated and should also possess a strong drive to succeed and an ability to work with minimal direction
- Good computer skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in workload priorities, ability to prioritize tasks, ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Ability to travel routinely domestically 50-60% of the time via car or by air with overnight stays.
The individual should appreciate our entrepreneurial, fast-paced, agile, and dynamic work setting. He/she should be enthusiastic and energetic, goal-driven, and highly motivated to complete tasks in a timely, efficient manner. The candidate should also thrive in a strong team environment, be a self-starter and comfortable speaking up in company meetings. An individual who is positive, interactive, resourceful and creative in problem solving by thinking “out of the box” will be highly valued in this role.
The salary range is competitive. MBI offers a comprehensive benefits package including stock options, a 401(k) plan with employer match, and a health plan including medical and dental coverage, life insurance coverage, long term disability, and a flexible spending account for dependent care and/or medical expenses. In addition, this position is eligible for an annual bonus plan tied to individual and company performance goals.
The above is a list of essential duties and responsibilities for this position. This list is not all-inclusive. This job description may be modified as needed.
MBI is an equal-opportunity employer. A pre-employment drug screen will be required.
To apply for this job please visit WWW.MARRONEBIOINNOVATIONS.COM.