Website Maia Technology
Maia Technology is a start-up business in the AgTech space.
We are building new technology for farmers that enables them to boost their levels of farm performance and environmental sustainability. Our first product, MaiaGrazing, provides sophisticated decision support for graziers.
With the technology now being used on farms across Australia and the US, Maia is growing its business and looking to add to its product and operations team. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a well-funded agtech startup.
We have a newly created role for a high energy product/operations manager, to join a dynamic, multidisciplinary team. You will work alongside agricultural specialists and software developers, as well as product onboarding, support, sales and marketing professionals.
This is a role that will evolve to fit the right person. To be successful you will thrive in an environment where you will manage operational activities across a broad range of areas. Depending on your background and expertise, your strength could be product management, project/program management, product marketing, or operational management. You will initially focus around your current capability with room to grow your career into the other areas.
Reporting to the CEO, you will manage multiple aspects of the business, including some (but definitely not all) of the following areas, according to your background and expertise:
· Product marketing
· Product management
· Project/program management
· Release management
· Product onboarding and support
For example, this could involve activities such as
· Management of software product releases across dev/test/support/marketing teams
· Management of marketing programs
· Overseeing service delivery and tracking to customer engagement
· Driving the product roadmap definition process taking input from product strategy, marketing, sales, engineering and support
· Developing processes and frameworks to scale the company
· As the company grows, you will be Managing small teams
You will have worked in product development, ideally a software/SAAS product, in a startup, and understand how small teams can pull together big ideas. You are a strong communicator, and can manage people to help them achieve their potential.
You will be enthusiastic, energetic, and a self-starter who can think outside the box. You enjoy working in uncharted territory where you can maximise your potential. You are driven by results, and excited about delivering beautiful products that delight users. Perhaps you come from a farming background, have gained experience in other areas, and want to return to your roots?
Experience and Skills
You will ideally have:
• Excellent written and verbal communication, strong presentation and negotiation skills.
• An interest/passion for farming and agriculture
• 3-5 years experience in one of the disciplines above
• Experience within the agriculture and/or technology industry
• Agribusiness or Ag Science qualification would be an advantage
• A tertiary qualification related to your primary discipline is preferred, but not necessary.
We have offices in Sydney and Armidale, so you could be based at either location. Working remotely some of the time may be feasible so long as you are able to come into the office regularly. Given the rural and regional location of our user base and industry events, the ability to travel is critical.
A remuneration package will be discussed with the right candidate.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.