Who we are
INSYLO (www.insylo.com) is a research-based start-up with a highly dynamic and results oriented work culture. Our flagship product is INSYLO, an IoT Supply Chain platform that allows the remote monitoring of livestock farms’ silos and the optimisation of their replenishment logistics. The key enabling technology is a proprietary smart volumetric sensor that allows the assessment of silo’s content with great precision and at a very low cost. This sensor is unique in the market and makes use of embedded machine learning and computer vision algorithms to assess volume and send the results over a narrow-band Internet of Things network.
Our disruption has received attention in specialised and general media (with some TV appearances) and several international awards: 1st IoT Global Call by Telefonica Open Future, CBB awards by European Business Network, High Flyers by Smart Agrifood accelerator, Seal of Excellence by European Commission, SME Instrument – Phase II, IMPACT Growth Accelerator Program, etc.
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
Be part of our team
You will join our RnD team and participate in an exciting experience with an innovative and fast growing start-up, with a high potential at an international level.
Play a role in delivering impactful applications that support software development and DevOps projects.
Work with DevOps automation approaches involving technologies, including AWS, GCloud or Azure. Continue to learn and grow development through mentorship with other experienced team members.
What can you do for us
- Create a backend for collecting, aggregating, and serving a high resolution view of timing data from thousands of INSYLO devices deployed if farms.
- Build Docker containers to test and release services before pushing new versions of code into production.
- Develop a log collection and delivery service for allowing front-ends to browse logs from running processes.
- Implement a user authorization system that supports the introduction of new product features, adjustments to user restrictions over time.
- Build and maintain INSYLO API in languages like Python, Ruby and Golang that aggregate measured data, and send volume estimations into our cloud systems.
Skills & experience required:
- You’ve worked with modern databases and cloud infrastructure providers like AWS.
- You have experience writing server code for demanding scalability or availability requirements.
- You can write and test performant, fault tolerant, and secure server side code.
- You enjoy learning about new technologies and implementing new standards (OAuth2, HTTP/2, Websockets, etc.)
- You enjoy reviewing code and getting your code reviewed.
- You can make accurate engineering estimates most of the time.
- You enjoy collaborating with others.
- You seek feedback early and often.
- You are not afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- You are generous with help when others ask.
- You know how to work with a team in managing schedules and delivery expectations.
- You think some of the above items apply to you right now, and you’d like to work in a positive and collaborative environment to learn all the others.
- Experience with building and consuming REST APIs
- Experience with asynchronous programming in promises
- Experience with Linux or OS X
- Knowledge of concepts of unit testing and integration testing
- Ability to provide code samples or GitHub links preferred
- BS or MS degree Computer Science
Our ideal candidate:
- Self-motivated, ready to take initiative and passionate for innovation.
- Good communicator and good team player with can do attitude.
- Responsible, meticulous and reliable.
- Must be able to manage his own schedule.
How to apply:
Send CV and motivation letter to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]