Website Impact Terra
Impact Terra is powered by a visionary and hardworking team. We value entrepreneurship, dedication and adventure. We embrace challenge, work closely as a team to achieve meaningful results and are pragmatic and open to change.
We are focused on uplifting the poorest individuals in emerging markets in a sustainable way. We love innovation and technology and envision a world where a thriving and sustainable smallholder agriculture sector exists to ensure food security for the future. Our mission is to digitally empower smallholder farmers around the world.
As a cutting-edge technology startup, we develop services that can help millions of people globally. Our Golden Paddy platform is the core of our business, providing services to smallholder farmers and agricultural stakeholders. The platform provides farming advice, market connections and financing options through a mobile app to farmers and data insights, communication and transactions to stakeholders.
Since our inception in 2016, we have developed the Golden Paddy platform and the systems that power it, engaged users across Myanmar and developed partnerships (e.g. agronomy, big-data, technology, analytics, distribution) and clients. We recently raised USD 3 million to fuel our growth. The potential impact of our concept is enormous: 500 million smallholder farms, 50%+ of emerging markets’ GDP in agriculture, and mobile and satellite technology available to connect and automate our services.
Join Us! Sign up for our next fund here.
After 2 years of investing in the development of our products, services and partnerships, we are now ready to scale up operations in Myanmar and expand to other markets. For this purpose, we are looking for an experienced (tech) entrepreneur to take on the role of Managing Director and support the Group CEO with operations.
The candidate needs to have a proven track record in emerging markets, significant operational experience and relevant product experience. Specific knowledge of the market or agronomic expertise is not required but we are looking for someone eager to learn.
This is a unique opportunity to build out a social business that is set up for invaluable social impact and strong financial returns, with significant personal gain in the form of compensation, an equity package and an exceptional learning experience.
There is no standard job description for this entrepreneurial and challenging role. The MD needs to learn continuously and adapt to grow the userbase, engagement, impact and monetization of Golden Paddy. The candidate should be a visionary entrepreneur with a no-nonsense, critical and constructive attitude. Examples of responsibilities include:
– Manage daily operations
– Grow operational and financial performance
– Support Group CEO in fundraising, partnership development, technology development and market expansion
– Based in a South-East Asian market with regular travel to rural areas
– 5+ years of startup and business development experience in emerging markets
– Proven track record in developing and running fast-growing digital/technology ventures
– Significant experience in driving operational and financial performance
– Exceptional candidates will have experience in product development, digital marketing, business intelligence, service and content development
– Strong in English language
– Strong leader, able to inspire a team
– Strong entrepreneurial drive and can-do mentality
– Culturally sensitive
– Highly motivated to learn and pick up new skills
– Very robust personality with hands-on experience in emerging / least developed economies
– Alignment with our values
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]