Who Are We:
Founded in 2015, HeavyConnect is an early stage AgTech startup working to digitize global farming operations. We’ve built the world’s easiest food safety compliance app, as well as a simple mobile platform to automate farming workflows. Our customers include some of the largest produce growers including Scheid Vineyards, Driscoll’s Berries, and Braga Fresh.
Headquartered in the Salinas Valley, HeavyConnect is backed by some incredible investors, including Techstars — we’re a member of the inaugural Techstars Farm to Fork Accelerator sponsored by Ecolab and Cargill.
About This Role:
HeavyConnect is looking for a Chief of Staff to be the right-hand to the CEO and help him grow the company 2x+ in the coming year. We’re looking for a GSD (get sh*t done) generalist with a no-task-too-small attitude: your organization and problem solving abilities are surpassed only by your grit and sense of humor. A people person at heart, you’re able to empathize not only with our beloved customers, the farmers, but also with our growing team of dedicated employees.
As Chief of Staff, you will have a direct hand in running day-to-day operations of HeavyConnect. Our ideal candidate has previous experience creating and implementing processes, building and leading teams, and communicating with stakeholders at every level. Perhaps most importantly, you care deeply about helping our customers achieve their goal of producing safe, nutritious food for the world.
- Directly support the CEO by working across all departments to manage new projects and implement strategic initiatives. This could include, but is not limited to: research tasks, financial modeling, investor decks, internal initiatives, temporarily leading a team, office management, recruiting and hiring, marketing strategy
- Assist the CEO in prioritizing time & take full ownership of the “How HeavyConnect Works” playbook
- Ensure that action items from important meetings are followed up on.
- Help create & codify the HeavyConnect culture (values, benefits, diversity & inclusion)
- Design HR policies: recruiting, employee onboarding, expense policy
- General office management: make sure the office is stocked and functioning
- Help create and implement marketing strategy and analytics
- 4+ years of relevant operating experience, preferably in a startup and/or in the agriculture sector
- Proven track record of interacting with senior leadership, investors, and internal/external stakeholders
- Experience managing complex projects autonomously from inception to completion
- Expert multi-tasker and self-motivated problem solver. Proactivity is your middle name
- Adaptable and flexible – things change fast at startups like ours!
- Team player with expert communication skills
- Organizational wizard who delights in making order out of chaos
- Empathetic and trustworthy: able to relate with our customers and handle sensitive information
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Proficiency in G-Suite, Excel, Powerpoint, and some level of fluency with CRM / marketing automation platforms
If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter as a single attachment to: [email protected]
HeavyConnect is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org