Harvesting (www.harvesting.co) is growing early stage startup based in Silicon Valley California, focusing on enabling financial inclusion for farmers in emerging world. We are looking to hire a full-time senior remote sensing scientist to work with us. This would be a great opportunity for someone who is looking to make a real impact on the ground and see their work actually getting implemented in various parts of the world.
– Degree in physical geography/Geomatics or allied fields.
– Must have done extensive research on cropland monitoring, crop yield models, crop type detection in Semi-arid regions, which is published in reputed publication.
– Must have Intermediate to advance experience coding in Python.
– Must have experience working with Google Earth Engine, especially on Python APIs.
– Experience working private sector (non-educational) is a huge plus.
– Experience working with distributed teams is a plus.
– Experience hiring & managing a small team of scientists is a plus.
– Competitive compensation
– Stock options
– Flexibility to work from a remote location
AgFunder Co-Investment Fund III is now open for investment. Closing June 15, Spots are limited.
Interested candidates should reach out to me at [email protected] with their latest resume and Linkedin URL, with subject “Remote Sensing Scientist”
To apply for this job please visit www.harvesting.co.