Who You Are
You don’t just write specs–you conquer challenges. You understand how to break down complex problems and quickly deliver focused, user-centered solutions. Your experience ensures you will never create a complex solution when a simple one would do. You understand and perform well in fast-paced, dynamic environments. The thought of being trapped in a big company where you can’t make huge individual contributions terrifies you.
People tell you that you’re a great communicator, and you’re not afraid to give (and actively solicit) honest, constructive feedback. You’re comfortable building interactive prototypes and designing complex interactions on lots of devices. You’re equally comfortable learning about problems, brainstorming interfaces, and writing code. Most importantly, you know how to empathize with–and test products with–our customers. You get things done.
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
About the Role
You’ll be the 3rd person to join our small but effective design team. As a critical member of our product group, you will be bringing fresh ideas to the table while also improving existing features that our users already love. We view design as a competitive advantage and that means you will be expected to produce top notch work.
Tasks You’ll Be Juggling
- Breaking down complex problems into elegant UI solutions
- Sketching and rapidly prototyping conceptual designs
- Working closely with engineers to understand and adapt to design constraints
- Delivering clear handoffs for the team to build
- Styling and polishing implemented designs
- Success in this role will be measured by FarmLogs’ ability to achieve its strategic objectives, your ability to play a serious role in that success, and your fit within our move-fast, results-driven culture.
- Researching, designing, and evaluating effective solutions to complex user problems
- Sketching and storyboarding wireframes
- Making gorgeous, pixel-perfect visual interfaces in Photoshop, Sketch, or a similar tool
- Writing clear, maintainable HTML and CSS
Nice to Have
- A degree in design, HCI, or CS
- Experience programming UI for web, iOS, or Android
- Familiarity with Git in a team environment
- Have already worked in or started a startup
- Knowledge or interest in farming
To apply for this job please visit farmlogs.com.