Website FarmLead Resources Ltd.
North America's Grain Marketplace
We are FarmLead. We are changing the way grain is traded today and in the future. We help farmers be more confident in their grain sale decisions, and after helping successfully negotiate over 1.4 million tonnes of grain through our online and mobile marketplace, it’s clear things are working.
That being said, farmers still like to chat with us and we love chatting with them. Whether it’s what grain markets are doing or if they need some help navigating through FarmLead for the first time, FarmLead is their trusted, unbiased partner on their farm.
As the Customer Support Manager, you will be responsible for building and guiding our growing team of customer support associates to provide the best support and value added outcomes to farmers. Your career experience in helping farmers is invaluable to build and improve upon processes already put in place. Your willingness to get into the “mud” and help fix things is core to your modus operandi and that’s why you’ll excel in this position. You enjoy growing and developing people and above all are passionate about helping farmers be more confident in their grain marketing – the core mission of FarmLead.
Ideally you have an agricultural background and have gotten dirt under your nails many times. That farmer, ‘get it done’ work ethic remains at your core. Although you have more experience at a desk now, those rural, small-town values are still important to you. Finally, you’ll be based in our easily-accessible downtown Chicago office and will be surrounded by resources to allow you to excel.
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
• Build and improve upon current processes for helping onboard new users (farmers & grain buyers) to use the FarmLead Marketplace
• Leveraging your experience, provide key input on building out the FarmLead customer support toolkit
• Report to executive on, weekly, monthly, and quarterly activities, both good and bad.
• Manage growing team of customer support staff, guiding expectations and developing them to their potential
• Get in the mix and provide over-the-phone, text, email, and face-to-face technical support to FarmLead users (farmers and grain buyers) from multiple areas across major U.S. grain growing regions
• Walk FarmLead users through different features and options on the website, while on the phone, using webinar tools, and/or face-to-face
• Demonstrate benefits of the FarmLead platform over status quo grain trading tools (specifically, phone call negotiations)
• Attend key tradeshows and engage with farmers and grain buyers face-to-face
• Take feedback from users and articulate their needs/wants to FarmLead’s technical team and management
• Minimum 6 years technical support experience, 3 of which includes managing a technical support team supporting farmers.
• Minimum 4 years of experience using CRM platforms to take notes, send emails, and schedule meetings
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong track record of presenting issues to senior management and providing recommendations and goals moving forward
• Excellent ability to build relationships and address customer issues or concerns
• Work experience in the agriculture business, and/or a background in agriculture / farming.
• Technically savvy. You quickly pick up new technologies, are comfortable working with online/mobile websites and Apps, computers and smartphones
• Ideally post-secondary education in a field related to agriculture or communications
● You constantly want to improve the processes and products you’re in charge of
● Agriculture is in your blood – having either grown up on the farm or around it, you understand how the mind of a farmer ticks and where they begin to get frustrated
● Positive person. Regardless of the frustrating situations that you find yourself in, you’re able to shine a light on what’s working and help guide conversations away from what’s not going great (i.e. grain prices right now).
● Motivated. You look beyond your role and bring your expertise and strengths to other areas of the business.
● Take ownership for the development and success of your staff.
● Comprehensive employee benefits plan
● Casual dress code
● Employee stock options
● Team Lunches (featuring: really good food!)
● Monthly happy hours
● Fun, collaborative work environment
● Tractor and combine rides (we’ll teach you the difference between the two)
Sound like the place for you? Send your resume and a short intro to [email protected]
Help us change the way grain is traded today and in the future!
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]