We are FarmLead. We are changing the way cash grain is traded today and the future. We help farmers be more confident in their grain sale decisions, and after helping successfully negotiate over 1.6 million tonnes of grain through our online and mobile marketplace, it’s clear things are working.
Here at FarmLead, we love agriculture and farmers and we’re looking for people who share that passion. This position is for the summer term where you will help us thrive in new regions. You are able to grasp the pulse of the agricultural industry and are ideally from the farm or a rural/farming community. You’re the type of person that’s not afraid to strike up conversations anywhere you go, identifying people and companies that would benefit most from working with FarmLead. You will take the lead in specific regions, using both a playbook and your own intuition to get new farmers and grain buyers to sign up on and start using the FarmLead Marketplace.
Your social style omits you from sitting in a desk all week, as you prefer to be out in the heart of the agricultural industry, chatting with farmers and grain buyers and learning as you go. This isn’t to say you live life on the road but you’re not afraid to spend a few days here and there seeing new places and meeting new people.
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
Based where you are spending your summer in rural America, you’ll be given all the tools to succeed in this role and help expand the FarmLead Marketplace across the Heartland. Will you join us?
- Actively pursue/qualify new farmers, producer organizations, grain buyers, and potential partners for FarmLead
- Plan your own travel schedule, sticking to your budget and time limit
- Schedule and/or attend collaborative events around America to maximize time spent on the ground
- Continuously strive to maintain positive relationships and a reputation for service excellence
- Report directly to Executive management on weekly, monthly, and quarterly progress
- Technology-savvy, be it on the phone or on a computer, including but not limited to CRM tools, social media, and computer systems (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Creative thinker with the ability to not just present ideas but to validate them with carefully thought-out strategies
- Ability to travel unhindered, valid driver’s license and passport
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Grew up in an agricultural environment, either directly on the farm or within a farming community
This is a contract position that pays out weekly and supplemented by commissions.
Help us disrupt the way grain is traded in North America!
To apply for this job please visit farmlead.recruitee.com.