TERMS OF REFERENCE
Sustainable Aquaculture/Agriculture projects executive – Internship 2 to 6 month -months / Full time
Date: Open – 4 to 6 month
Location: FairAgora Asia – Bangkok office and travels in Thailand countryside of Thailand. Potential field
trips in other South East Asian countries.
FairAgora Asia is a Bangkok-based consultancy firm supporting agribusiness on their journey to compliance
and certification. The company created Verifik8, a technology and market-driven verification system to
drive social and environmental performances of agriculture operators, while improving efficiency,
productivity and sustainability. Our software platform provides real-time data collection, triangulation and
analysis to provide better farming management while benchmarking operators against the most relevant
sustainability standards in the industry. The intern will be exposed to the key sustainability right issues in
seafood supply chain, working alongside with the farmers, processing plants and FairAgora Asia.
2- Major Functions
i. Support the next VerifiK8 deployment strategic group of farmers:
– Supply chain analysis to identify needs and define strategy to develop sustainable markets.
– Literature review and analysis of relevant sustainable standards for integration into Verifk8 platform;
– Follow-up with potential supply chain buyers (sugarcane, rubber, seafood and other commodities).
– Help the preparation for competition and start-up pitch entries for funds, grants and investors
ii. Provide support and collaboration to the Verfik8 sugarcane project:
– Review existing publications on production monitoring in social and environmental aspects.
– Verifik8 crosscheck and data analytics processing: farm description and concepts internationally used;
– Commodity impact reports format for incorporation in VerifiK8 system & Database.
– Participate to the selection and adjustment of the metrics chosen to monitor environmental and social
performances of the farms.
– Work closely with the sugarcane project office team & the pilots farms: project planning, logistics
(timeline, objectives, outputs and results analysis), trainings and advisory, workshops, surveys., etc.
– Technical reports and analysis of the results of the project in sugarcane sector.
iii. Provide support to Fairagora sustainable consultancy projects
The intern will mostly work on sustainability specific projects and will also contribute to other FairAgora
projects in other commodities such as seafood, spirulina, rubber or as per FairAgora Asia clients’ needs.
The intern work will be mostly related to standards and certification advisory services (BONSUCRO,
SEASAIP, Organic regulation, GMP, HACCP, ISO, etc.)
University degree in a field related to aquaculture/agriculture or other related areas
(agronomy/project management/ environment/natural resource management/food safety)
Field experience in the agricultural or aquaculture sector will be an advantage
Strong interest to work in a start-up environment;
Strong interest in sustainability impact and technology related;
Interest in working in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment, (Government, NGO’s,
Donors, Civil Society),
Strong skills in project planning, financing, management, implementation, and evaluation;
Basic English communication skills (oral and written);
Thai National. Other languages such as Vietnamese, Lao, Bahasa or Tagalog will be an advantage;
Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to adapt and develop strong relationships at all
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated
proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
4- Reports/Discussion with VerifiK8 Agronomist Expert/ FairAgora Asia’s Director on a weekly basis.
CONDITIONS OF INTERNSHIP
To be provided by FairAgora Asia (VerifiK8):
– Allowance based on experience;
Administrative documents for Immigration
(student visa) ;
– Travel costs for Thailand and regional
missions, if any.
To be covered by the intern:
– Medical insurance
– Mandatory vaccines for South East Asia
– Passport with a minimum of 1 year validity.
– Regional travel costs to cover the visa renewal
after 3 month (in case the internship >3month).
– Based in Bangkok (centre/Asok.
– Working schedule: 5 days per week, 8h per day. In case of fieldwork, these schedules are
– Local holidays: following Thai calendar (14 days per year)
– Working Holidays: 10 per year, adjusted to the internship completion/pro-rata.
Address: 3rd-floor Building Shinawatra. Sukhumvit Soi 23, Asok, Bangkok, Thailand.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org