EcoZoom is a Kenya based, for profit social enterprise, that manufactures and distributes a range of solar lighting products and fuel efficient cookstoves. Its products saves people time and money. It also helps preserve the environment through reducing deforestation.
EcoZoom is looking to recruit an East Africa Director to play a key role in the organisation’s development and expansion across the East Africa region (EAC). The role is based in Nairobi, Kenya and reports to the CEO. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to travel across the region and work independently. The organisation is ambitious and fast moving therefore providing a tremendous opportunity for growth and development.
- Define and implement the sales and marketing strategy of the East Africa business, i.e. improve account management whilst overseeing business development and expansion into new territories.
- Use qualitative and quantitative analysis to make informed and justifiable strategic business decisions.
- Identify opportunities to open up new sales channels, expand the product portfolio and scale the sales team.
- Set and adjust prices by taking into consideration costs, competition as well as supply and demand.
- Monitor and evaluate processes to recommend and implement improvements through the appropriate forum.
- Lead the sale team, i.e. be a ‘hands-on’ manager, lead by example and support the team directly in the field.
- Ensure excellent results through planning, monitoring, counselling and holding employees accountable appropriately.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and collaboration.
- Work with other departments to manage the East African supply chain. This is to ensure excellent customer service at all times.
- Work closely with other members of the EcoZoom management team to ensure appropriate focus on the customer.
- Oversee the management and maintenance of the CRM system.
- Be involved in all other aspects of the business as and where appropriate.
Does this sound like you?
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
- An effective leader who is able to harness the talents and capabilities of a culturally diverse team.
- Solid business management background with demonstrable success in multiple aspects of business operations.
- A strategic thinker with a creative, conceptual approach to work..
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- An operational background with experience in logistics would be advantageous but not essential.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree; a Masters / MBA would be desirable but not essential.
To apply for this job please visit goo.gl.