Full-Time Horticulture Operations Specialist
Agritecture Consulting is the leading interdisciplinary, technology agnostic, and global consulting firm focused on integrating agriculture into cities. Agritecture has consulted on more than 60 projects in 10 countries. Our services include urban agriculture concept development, feasibility studies, farm design, due diligence, research, support, and recruiting.
Join Us! Sign up for our next fund here.
Our Mission: Empower impact-driven organizations to develop feasible urban farming solutions, turning their business ideas into practical and sustainable realities.
Our Vision: A world where commercial urban agriculture is economically feasible, reduces the carbon impact of the food system, and improves food security.
- Health Insurance
- Work Remote (up to 10 days/year)
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
- Conference Stipends
- Relocation Support
- Office Lunches (1/week)
- A Plant-Filled Open Concept Office
- Dynamic and Diverse Work Environment
- Membership in NYC’s Urban Farming Community
Agritecture is looking to expand our core team and is in need of an additional experienced technical team member to help with the design and development of successful, innovative, and feasible agriculture operations. Daily tasks will include analyzing different horticulture operations challenges and providing unique and viable solutions. As one of our lead consultants, you will research and design the most suitable solutions whether it is proposing a new process, technology, or strategic plan. These plans will be delivered to our clients through calls and written reports. Applicants must also be prepared to instruct workshops on commercial operations and be flexible to our dynamic startup work environment. Some domestic and international travel (3-6 weeks) should be expected throughout the year.
Responsibilities will include:
- System design for vertical farms, greenhouses, or urban agriculture projects using hydroponics, aeroponics, aquaponics, or soil-based growing methods
- Aiding clients with farm development plans, labor modeling, and crop selection
- Aiding clients with farm operations from seed to harvest
- Aiding clients in the development of post-harvest operations
- Pitching urban agriculture business concepts to clients and their stakeholders
- Building upon our existing database of urban agriculture models
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the produce packaging / fresh-cut food industry
- BS and/or MS degree in Horticulture, Plant Sciences or a closely related discipline, or a combination of education and experience
- Well-versed in HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing systems
- Familiarity with Safe Quality Food (SQFR)
- Experience working in horticulture, food production or agronomy research
- Knowledge of plant growing, disease prevention, and pest remediation, and IPM principles
- A demonstrated knowledge and experience with operating controlled environment agriculture systems
- Excellent project management skills
Strong analytical thinking, problem-solving skills and an aptitude for detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through
- 2+ years of facilities and maintenance experience for large-scale facilities
- Experience with food safety standards, risk analysis, FMEAs, design controls and sanitary design best practices
- Proven experience in packing line design, performance specifications, and testing protocols.
- HACCP protocols
- Working knowledge of Auto-CAD and/or Sketchup.
- Experience working with engineers or software developers on prototyping equipment/tools
Annual Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]