- This event has passed.
Food System 6 – Accelerator Deadline
October 31, 2018 - November 16, 2018
Food System 6 is a non-profit food-ag accelerator working to stimulate food system change by surfacing, supporting and scaling innovators and entrepreneurs who are transforming the way food is grown, produced, and distributed.
Our 16-week program features programming by investors, philanthropists, scientists, food movement advocates, business/public sector leaders, etc. as well as extensive 1:1 customized coaching and support by our team of industry professionals and partners. Although there is no cost to those selected to participate, for-profit companies are asked to make a voluntary equity donation upon completion of the program.
There are many benefits to joining the cohort, including, but not limited to:
– 1:1 customized work plans built to address the specific challenges that your team is facing
– Access to our robust network of mentors
– Storytelling & public speaking coaching
– Legal support & other technical assistance
– Financial & accounting support
– Diversity, equity & inclusion training
– Investor, customer & funder interactions
– Branding, marketing & communications workshops
– 2-3 years dedicated post-program mentorship
We accept both for-profit and non-profit innovations and, although the program is non-residential, we do require that entrepreneurs attend the three in-person sessions in the San Francisco Bay Area. These events include networking opportunities, community building events, storytelling sessions, and a public innovation forum where cohort members are given the opportunity to present their business innovations and interact with a wide range of investors and other stakeholders.
Cohort 4 will run from February through May of 2019 and the in-person sessions will be Feb. 5-7 and Mar. 26-28. The culminating event will take place at the end of May, the official dates are currently TBD.
The application deadline for entrepreneurs interested in joining Cohort 4 is Friday, November 16th.
If you would like to apply, you can find our application at www.FoodSystem6.org/apply.