Editor’s Note: New Food Order is a new podcast brought to by AFN’s parent company AgFunder in collaboration with Food+Tech Connect, co-hosted by AgFunder’s Louisa Burwood-Taylor and Food+Tech Connect’s Danielle Gould.
The views expressed in the podcast do not necessarily reflect those of the team at AFN or AgFunder.
What would it look like if we completely re-designed the food system, product-by-product?
In this week’s episode, we speak with Julia Collins, Founder + CEO of Planet FWD, a carbon management platform for consumer companies to bring climate-friendly products to market.
Through her work with Planet FWD and more than a decade of experience leading food companies, Julia launched a cracker brand Moonshot Snacks, which she designed from the ground up with the goal of ensuring a carbon-neutral supply chain from farm to fork. She offers amazing insights and advice for next-generation food companies about how to adopt a regenerative mindset.
What to expect in this episode:
- How businesses can decarbonize
- Soil health and regenerative agriculture as a climate mitigation strategy
- A regenerative approach to product development, marketing, leadership, and organizational design
- Using data and software tools to understand, reduce and neutralize brands’ carbon footprint and get on a path to net zero emissions.
- How building a climate-friendly brand can create a deeper relationship with your customers
- What messaging resonates most with eaters around climate-friendly food products
How to listen
You can listen in the player below, or wherever you get your podcasts. And please remember to subscribe and share with anyone you think will find it interesting.
New Food Order is sponsored by FoodShot Global and New Hope Network.
It is hosted by Danielle Gould and me, Louisa Burwood-Taylor
Here’s where AI could make the biggest impact in the agrifoodtech sector