Note the position is now closed but if you’d like to be considered as a future role, please fill out the application below and we can keep this on file. If you’re looking for the Investment Associate role, click here
Based in Silicon Valley, AgFunder is reinventing venture capital with an ecosystem of over 65,000 subscribers and proprietary A.I. algorithms to support our investment process. We are also one of the most active agrifood venture capital investors, with 14 investments in the past year, and one of the most globally recognized names in the sector.
We are looking for an exceptional Investment Analyst to join our venture capital team. You will be reporting directly to an Investment Associate and our founding partners Rob and Michael. As part of our investment team, you will play a key role in managing our deal pipeline including sourcing and analyzing startup investments, conducting due diligence, and making investment recommendations on Seed to Series C startups across the agrifood tech landscape. We run extremely flat and need someone who can execute. To be successful you’ll need to be very smart, curious, tireless, have the ability to see around corners, and have very strong quantitative, writing, and verbal skills. In this role, you’ll represent AgFunder to some of the smartest entrepreneurs and investors in the industry and you’ll need to be their intellectual equal. This will not be an easy 9-5 job, but you will learn a lot, it’ll be rewarding, and you’ll be well prepared for a career in venture capital or as an entrepreneur.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right person to come in early on a rapidly growing platform. By building our own technology in-house and thinking about scaling the platform to tens of billions of dollars of global investments, we ourselves act like the startups we invest in. That’s rare in the venture capital industry. There’s only a small handful of next generation of VC platforms being built today; we’re one of them.
Half of our portfolio companies have female founders and our portfolio is diverse, so diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
Salary: $55,000 – $80,000
Our ideal candidate:
- High GPA from a top school
- Strong quantitative background
- Engineering/Biosciences background
- Experience in consulting, venture capital, startups, or finance
- Worked at a top tech company
- 0-3+ years out of undergrad
We are looking for someone with:
- A deep passion for startups, entrepreneurship, and AgFunder (bleed green)
- Probing and quantitative intellect who knows how to ask the smart questions
- Extremely strong communication skills (verbal, written)
- An ability to argue rationally, clearly, with an ability to persuade others
- Self-confidence with a strong bias for action
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to create and implement process
- An ability to form and hold strong conviction with non-consensus ideas
- An ability to self-correct in the face of new evidence
- A strong conceptual grasp of cutting edge technologies
You’ll be expected to be very, very good at:
- Processing inbound deal flow.
- Outbound deal sourcing.
- Creating sector wide market maps.
- Meeting with startup founders and being able to quickly understand their business and technology
- Performing market and competitive analysis.
- Performing due diligence on select investment opportunities including financial projections, patent searches, contract reviews, customer calls, reference checks, and seeking expert opinions.
- Drafting LP updates.
- Presenting investment opportunities to our Screening Committee on a weekly basis.
Apply here or below.