Nine agrifoodtech startups from across the globe are set to pitch at the third GROW Impact Accelerator Demo Day. Tune in to connect with GROW’s newest graduates as they share their pioneering technologies transforming the global agrifood system at the GROW Impact Accelerator Demo Day.
The startups’ pitches will stream online on Thursday 10 November, 5pm-7pm Singapore/China Time (11am-1pm CET; 5am-7am EST.)
The Demo Day comes after the completion of the 2022 GROW Impact Accelerator programme, delivered by agrifoodtech ecosystem catalyst GROW. Through GROW’s partnership with AgFunder, all nine startups have received investment from the AgFunder GROW Impact Fund, established in 2020 to champion investment in early-stage, impact-focused innovations across the agrifoodtech sector.
Selected from over 360 applications from around the world, each of the nine startups in this year’s GROW Impact Accelerator cohort uniquely address social and environmental pain points along the value chain to create a positive impact on our global food system. At Demo Day, these founders will share how their solutions uniquely help to tackle issues such as overreliance on single-use plastics, overuse of antibiotics, labour challenges in agriculture, food waste, biodiversity loss, and other challenges.
“When we launched GROW three years ago, our goal was to establish an ecosystem of knowledge and support to supercharge the most exciting startups operating across the agrifoodtech sector, and in doing so, accelerate the transformation of our food system,” said John Friedman, executive director at GROW and AgFunder Asia. “Demo Day 2022 embodies this work, as we’re bringing together the entire spectrum of players from mentors and partners to inventors and investors. Through AgFunder’s partnership with GROW, we have selected this cohort of entrepreneurs who are creating positive impact at scale, delivering tangible social and environmental benefits through the solutions they bring to market.”
The 9 startups who will be pitching at GROW Impact Accelerator Demo Day include:
- 3Bee (Italy): Cloud-based farm management system for beekeepers combined with marketplace technology, driving transparency and traceability in global honey production.
- Decomer Technology (Estonia): All-natural, plant-based, functional food-grade packaging for food manufacturers and FMCG.
- LYRO Robotics (Australia): Next-gen robotic solution for food packing, working to alleviate manpower constraints and to improve efficiency on the line.
- Mycotech Labs (Indonesia): Designing and producing mycelium-based goods such as animal-free leather and building materials from agricultural waste streams, including corn and oil palm.
- Phagos (France): Addressing the looming pandemic of antibiotic resistance with bacteriophage solutions to efficiently address bacterial infections in seafood and livestock.
- Tepbac (Vietnam): Revolutionising Vietnam’s aquaculture industry with a comprehensive suite of software and hardware solutions.
- VeggieVictory (Nigeria): Offering affordable plant-based meat alternatives that match local tastes and textures, while addressing chronic protein deficiency among African consumers.
- X-Centric Technologies (US): Instrumentation systems for soil carbon analysis, allowing efficient and streamlined acquisition of vertically stratified, geochemical carbon data.
- Yeap (Israel): A complete, yeast-based protein source made from industrial side streams that can be used as a functional ingredient, bulking ingredient, or concentrated protein powder.
Demo Day audience members will have the opportunity to engage directly with participating startups through GROW’s connection platform. You can read more about the 2022 cohort and the impact they are creating here.