FoodBytes! by Rabobank is returning to San Francisco for the sixth time in March 2019. The pitch competition is looking for food and agriculture innovators across the supply chain to apply to present their technologies in front of an audience of investors, corporate customers and potential partners.
The San Francisco event will mark the 15th FoodBytes! globally and the initiative now has more than 250 startup alumni since launching in 2015.
This year, FoodBytes! is specifically targeting startups working on solutions within the supply chain of the food and agriculture industry. This includes innovations in waste reduction, packaging, transparency, food safety, and sustainable production. Sustainable CPG startups are also invited to apply.
FoodBytes! alum Imperfect Produce is a good example of a supply chain technology with sustainable innovation with its online food delivery service for ugly, unwanted fruits and vegetables.
“For entrepreneurs who want to accelerate their early stage traction and make a real impact on the future of food, FoodBytes! is a powerful opportunity,” said Ben Simon, CEO, Imperfect. “Since winning the People’s Choice Award at FoodBytes! SF in 2016, Imperfect has gone on to save 40 million pounds of food, 91 million pounds of CO2 and $12 million in grocery bills for consumers. The validation, connections, and insights we gained at FoodBytes! were an important part of our early-stage growth trajectory as we work to eliminate food waste in America.”
AgFunder Co-Investment Fund III is now open for investment. Closing June 15, Spots are limited.
The CEO of Mimica Labs, a food labeling technology startup that won the People’s Choice Award in London recently told AgFunderNews: “It was the most tangibly useful event we’ve done this year in terms of lead generation. Because of FoodBytes! we’re so crazy busy at the moment, in a good way! What made it uniquely useful were the people they managed to get into the room — all of Rabobank’s clients which is exactly who we want on-board. We didn’t enter to win but to have that opportunity to pitch on stage and answer their questions.
Why Apply: Connections, Knowledge and Resources for Startups
Fifteen selected startups will participate in the two-day San Francisco program, and become part of the FoodBytes! alumni community. Resources for participating startups include:
- A full-day mentorship immersion led by industry experts on fundraising, branding, research trends, legal and go-to-market strategy
- One-on-one conversations with mentors and direct feedback on products, technologies and pitches
- Valuable in-person networking opportunities with corporate leaders, investors, influencers and peers
- Ongoing support from Rabobank Food and Agriculture (F&A) experts
- Access to the community of FoodBytes! alumni
Prizes and Benefits for Winning Startups
The 15 companies selected to pitch at FoodBytes! will compete to win:
- Valuable business consultation services
- Access to Rabobank research reports
- The opportunity to pitch and network with leading F&A executives at Rabobank’s Annual Food & Agriculture Summit in New York City in November 2019.
- Innovation experiences in New York in conjunction with Rabobank’s Summit
Apply to FoodBytes! San Francisco before Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. PST.