Do you have experience in plant/facility production, quality control, and maintenance? Perhaps warehousing experience, including shipping and receiving? Are you willing to operate material handling equipment including forklift, skid steer and other equipment?
Are you self-motivated and customer focused? If so, we’d like to hear from you!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
- Assist in all aspects of fertilizer plant operations and of warehouse operations duties.
- To include but not limited to; stocking and retrieving package and bulk containers, forklift and general housekeeping.
- Role requires strong mechanical ability and aptitude.
- Must enjoy working with diverse customer base in a fast paced setting.
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables include:
AgFunder Co-Investment Fund III is now open for investment. Closing June 15, Spots are limited.
- Batch Plant Operation Properly interpret, and create fertilizer batch sheets.
- Create custom fertilizer blends in the batch plant.
- Properly label all custom blends.
- Fill tanks and trucks as needed.
- Coordinate with dispatcher scheduling of all out going fertilizer deliveries.
- Work with Operations Manager on awareness and management of any contaminated loads.
- Neatness and attention to detail on all paperwork, and seeing that it all returns to the office for processing.
- Daily Maintenance and Cleanliness of all plant equipment and plant.
- Tank Farm OperationManage all bulk fertilizer tanks (liquid levels, labeling, maintenance, etc.)
- Coordinate with purchasing agent all ordering and scheduling of incoming bulk fertilizer deliveries.
- Oversee tank farm cleanliness and upkeep.
- Oversee waste water management.
- Oversee repair, maintenance and safety issues on all tank farm equipment.
- Secure tank farm at the end of each day.
- Ensure that all equipment and plumbing is properly maintained.
- Oversee random sampling for fertilizer analysis accuracy.
- Fill containers with proper herbicide or pesticide as needed.
- Wear proper safety equipment per SDS sheets of chemical being handled by employee.
- Make sure tank is cleaned and ready to be filled, Ensure the integrity of containers being filled with proper testing per EPA rules.
- Ensure proper weight of tank and chemical.
- Make sure tank is sealed correctly when finished.
- Make sure tank is properly stickered for warnings, deposit and tank testing.
- Scan bar code for tracking of tank.
- Load and unload bulk tankers.
- Utilize catch basins for spills.
- Monitor all tanks that are being pumped into or out of for leaks, spills or damage.
- Make sure all containers are properly cleaned when done filling.
- Make sure all drums are put safely onto a pallet and wrapped with shrink wrap before being put into the warehouse for storage or onto the truck for delivery.
- Ensure the security of the bulk room and all aspects of it which may include but are not limited to, locking out electrical switches and or pumps, making sure tank valves are in the closed position at the end of the day.
- Making sure all pumps and valves are labeled correctly, whether it be on or off, open or close, or the correct chemical name.
- All electrical cords and outlets are well taken care of.
- Report any issues with equipment to manager right away.
- Assist with shop repair work and equipment maintenance when needed.
- Assist with deliveries of chemicals & fertilizers as needed.
- Assist with pulling of orders and packaging of products for shipment.
- Maintain accurate inventory records, ensuring no product leaves, or enters warehouse without necessary paperwork
- Attend product training sessions and meetings when necessary
- All other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.