General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Field Technology Specialist works closely with Wilbur Ellis branch sales staff to understand required features and benefits of Technology Service offerings and tools which play a key role in supporting branch sales growth. The Field Technology Specialist is expected to identify and implement Field Technology Services powered by AgVerdict in the branch geography which support overall Sales goals.
AgVerdict provides information for improved agronomic recommendations, customer records, business analysis and decision support. In partnership with Area-specific Field Technology Staff, this role provides leadership, accountability and authority for the agronomy tools and services in support of Area and Branch objectives. Ultimately, this role is responsible for developing and guiding the technology offerings and investments that provide tangible, recognized value to customers that will result in technology tools and services that internal stakeholders and customers are willing to use and pay for on a majority of their acres.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- 1-3 years production agriculture experience
- BS in Agriculture Business or related studies
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
- Proficient with computers utilizing Microsoft Windows, Windows applications
- Experience and creativity implementing SaaS; Software as a Service
- Ability to speak clearly and effectively in interpersonal situations
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and technical judgment
- Ability to multi-task with outstanding organizational skills
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Serve as the lead in the development and implementation of Field Technology Services within assigned areas/branches
- Assist Wilbur Ellis sales professionals and agronomy team members with appropriate product and service solutions and program selections based on agronomic and business needs
- Develop and maintain profitable customer relationships in association with branch personnel and branch objectives
- Lead the management and implementation of AgVerdict and Field Technology offerings for maintaining grower, farm and field information
- Assist all sales personnel with organization and data collection of field plot and or pilot technology that supports the Field Technology Services
- Support all sales personnel on sales and implementation of Field Technology with customers
- Become proficient in interpretation and manipulation of site specific data (soil maps, yield maps, planting maps, machine control data, etc.)
- Work with Field Technology and Sales Management to coach sales staff on skills for profitable technology implementation with customers
- Communicate regularly with branch management the initiatives, objectives, strategies, and action plans
- Some travel will be required < 50% – via company vehicle and or air.
- Proficiency with computer usage and appropriate software required
- Ability to fully participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
To apply for this job please visit www.agcareers.com.