The IT developer will be responsible of Verifk8 technology development in sugarcane, shrimp and rice farms for the pilot phase. He will mostly work on sustainability specific projects and will also contribute to other FairAgora projects in other commodities such as seafood, spirulina or as per FairAgora Asia clients’ needs. The intern’s work will be also mostly related to the understanding of the requirements of the standards and certification advisory services (BONSUCRO, SEASAIP, Organic regulation, GMP, HACCP, ISO, etc.). His knowledge of the standard’s requirements will help to select the minimum of data needed to make the Verifk8 solution work in an efficient and sustainable way.
1. Provide support and collaboration for the Verfik8 project:
1.1 Bibliography and research
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
- Review existing IT publications on monitoring social and environmental impacts of farms;
- Identify relevant studies to feed Verifik8 data collection system and cross-checking process, especially in social requirements of the standards (child labor, non-discrimination, etc.);
- Literature on the other sustainable standards which could be integrated in Verifk8 platform.
1.2 Project management
- Create the most relevant web-design to enable an easy usage of the platform by the farmers;
- Optimize the number of metrics declared by the farmers needed to make the process work;
- Participate in the selection and adjustment of the metrics chosen to monitor environmental and social performances of the farms;
- Identify the most relevant data needed to have a complete farmer’s profile;
- Integrate the data cross-checking process concept in the Verifk8 database;
- Secure the data collection by protecting the access to data;
- Enable a static and dynamic system of real time data collection and cross-checking.
2. Support FairAgora projects apart from Verifik8
2.1 Coordinate the development of others technology tools that support the implementation of private and/or international standards such as GMP, HACCP system and Organic certification schemes in agro-food companies. The tech tools would basically be a batch of daily forms and connected sensors that enable real-time data collection and better farm and process management.
- Support the digitalization of the documentation needed for those standards (procedures, working instructions, forms, quality manual) in a web-app platform;
- Design the most relevant web-forms that will enable an efficient quality management in agro-food companies;
- Follow-up with potential customers and attendance to regular meetings to develop innovative and adapted quality management digital tools.
2.2 Coordinate the study work of FairAgora in the sustainability implementation in the agricultural sector in Thailand:
- Support the technical report writing in sugar cane/rice/seafood initiatives in SouthEast Asia countries with accurate data analysis of the database of Verifik8;
- Help the preparation for competition and start-up pitch entries for funds, grants and investors by the data crosscheck process knowledge.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
- University degree in a field related to computer science or IT development, Web-Design & other related areas.
- Experience leading, developing, and managing data collection and treatment systems;
- Algorithm coding to permit data triangulation;
- Curiosity, creativity and strong interest to work in a team start-up environment;
- Strong interest in sustainable tech innovations;
- Interest in working in multicultural and multidisciplinary environment, (Government, NGOs, Donors, Civil Society),
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written);
- Local language of Verifk8 pilot countries would be an advantage (Thai, Vietnamese, Bahasa, Filipino).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to adapt and develop strong relationships at all levels.
Salary: A monthly stipend will be provided to support daily expenses in Bangkok
Starting date: As soon as possible
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]