Trifecta Ecosystems is a commercial aquaponics farm and technology company located in Meriden, Connecticut. We are currently seeking an energetic, passionate, and thoughtful person who has demonstrable experience building brands and telling stories to be our Director of Brand & Marketing. Applicants should have an interest in food, specifically sustainable agriculture and creating urban food security. At Trifecta, we are cultivating the City that Feeds Itself™ and if urban agriculture doesn’t get you fired up, this might not be the job for you.
This position will be intimately involved in the branding and marketing of the Company, serving as the main conduit for driving consumer loyalty and brand awareness. This Director oversees all marketing and advertising efforts for the Trifecta brand and its locations. This position directs the efforts of the marketing and communications team and works directly with executive leadership team on strategy and brand direction. This position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will collaborate closely with the rest of the leadership team.
The individual selected for this position will have an amazing opportunity to advance their professional career in a growing industry while getting in on the ground floor of a rapidly expanding aquaponic startup. This individual will have the ability to shape their own career pathway through continuous education within the company.
Trifecta is on a mission to create the City that Feeds Itself™ by cultivating urban food ecosystems made up of its own farms and a network of Hidden Farmers. Hidden farmers are groups who benefit from farming/gardening but don’t do so for commercial purposes. Rather, Hidden Farmers grow for three primary purposes, A) education, B) therapeutic growing, or C) job/skill training. Hidden Farmers use Trifecta’s aquaponics technology, supplies, and services to grow for themselves and their communities. Hidden Farmers can now produce meaningful amounts of food thanks to emerging technology like aquaponics, vertical farming, and controlled environment agriculture. Trifecta currently works with educational and intellectual/developmental disability organizations.
Trifecta offers a variety of technology products and accompanying services on its mission to cultivate this network of Hidden Farmers. In addition to cultivating Hidden Farmers across Connecticut, Trifecta maintains its own commercial aquaponics production facility in Meriden and sells the produce through its innovative community supported agriculture (CSA) program, FreshCSA.
Our growing team is made up of energetic, passionate, collaborative yet self-motivated individuals who are always eager to take on new challenges in pursuit of the goal: to create the City that Feeds Itself™ . We are a team of people who surround ourselves with individuals smarter than ourselves, who are eager to learn and unafraid to ask the hard questions of each other.
Please note: we do not hire people who are not fired up about the mission to create the City that Feeds Itself™. Candidates should recognize we are a startup in growth stage with a passionate, energetic culture. We put in the time and the effort to push our mission forward and expect our team to do the same. If you show initiative and put in the extra effort to grow with this team, you will see the benefits first hand.
The Director of Brand & Marketing’s purpose at Trifecta Ecosystems is to spread Trifecta’s mission to create the City that Feeds Itself™ , increase consumer awareness and loyalty, and reach new customers for Trifecta’s offerings. This Director will weave Trifecta’s mission and actions together to create a compelling story to be released through measurable channels.
The Director of Brand & Marketing creates and drives overall brand strategy and positioning across all advertising, marketing, and communication channels. This Director is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of the Organization’s advertising, communications, public relations, and marketing efforts for external, internal, and customer facing programs. This Director is responsible for translating Trifecta Ecosystems marketing objectives into effective communication messages by creating and disseminating marketing content and strategies across multiple measurable channels, including digital, mobile, sales enablement, and traditional media, such as collateral marketing materials and advertising.
- Create and drive overall brand strategy and positioning across advertising, marketing and communication channels
- Create, execute, and update compelling content for all communications, marketing, and public relations channels, including text (i.e. blog posts, branded newsletter), and visual content (e.g. images, video); increase read rate, CTR, and DAUs
- Create in-house graphic design for a wide-range of projects including email, print, social media, newsletter, and website content.
- Develop annual plan and budget for marketing and advertising strategy
Oversee the development and execution of all traditional, digital and mobile marketing initiatives to solidify Trifecta Ecosystems as an industry leader
- Leverage process improvement opportunities and technology to enhance how we work and measure our customers and consumer experience
- Socialize, collaborate and lead brand initiatives across the organization
- Manage media relations and a wide range of communications efforts, both external and internal
- Be a strategic partner to the sales organization, helping define and communicate value proposition and competitive positioning to prospective customers
- Collaborate with executive team and other key internal stakeholders to understand business goals and challenges in order to develop appropriate and effective marketing programs
- Partner with outside creative agencies to plan, develop and execute advertising campaigns, locally and nationally
- Oversee the planning and logistics of annual company events (trade shows, industry events, focus groups, sales training sessions, and corporate seminars)
- Responsible for annual charitable giving strategy and all cause-marketing initiatives
- Forecast, measure, and report on results of marketing efforts, assessing results against relevant KPIs/goals
- Manage in-house marketing team and outside agencies
- Monitor the Trifecta brand standards for both B2B and B2C channels; ensure brand consistency across all platforms
- Manage B2B Brand Building Program
Work closely with brand licensing partners on licensed products approval
- Interpersonal communication skills, including superior writing and editing skills
- Customer oriented mindset with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong project management, multi-tasking, and budgeting skills
- Ability to lead and support projects and teams, as well as collaborate with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Expertise in effective team leadership and staff supervision
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe
- Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, and Premier)
- Strong knowledge of brand, digital, and mobile marketing
- Experience with Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Intercom, or similar email campaign systems.
- Flexibility – the ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Expected hours of work are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
Additional work hours should be expected for events and other marketing activities that take place outside of the 9am-5pm window.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors).
- Position comes with a full year CSA share (annual benefit)
- Potential to earn company stock
- Gas or Reimbursement for travel
Required Education and Experience
- 4 years of brand marketing experience
1-2 years of leadership experience
- Experience working in a B2C and B2B environment
- Extensive experience creating and distributing effective, converting, creative campaigns
- Experience in working effectively across all levels of an organization to develop highly engaged and motivated teams
- Proven success working with website and creative teams to bring campaigns to life
- Expertise in digital marketing strategies including email, mobile, and social
- Analytical orientation: proven expertise in the development and tracking of measurement plans
- Experienced in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Mailchimp, Intercom, WordPress, Google G Suite programs including Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, and Forms.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations activities
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel
Preferred Education and Experience
- 7 years of brand marketing experience
- 3-4 years of leadership experience
- Proven track record of strategizing, creating, and implementing campaigns that convert to sales (with examples)
How to Apply
Please navigate to: http://trifectaecosystems.com/careers and submit the form.
Be sure to correctly choose the job title for which you are applying.
After you submit the form:
Please send an attached resumé and one-page cover letter to [email protected]
Thank you and looking forward to your submission!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org