Creating a healthy, humane, and sustainable food supply
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic efficacy and the exploitation of billions of animals annually. The Good Food Institute’s Senior Marketing Specialist has a critical role in ensuring that a good food future happens as quickly and efficiently as possible. At GFI, you will support the growing plant-based and “clean meat” industries with marketing initiatives that further the work of the world’s top entrepreneurs and innovators who are focused on developing healthy, humane, and sustainable alternatives to factory-farmed products.
How You Will Make a Difference
As GFI’s Senior Marketing Specialist, you will develop and implement marketing strategies and content for both GFI and good-food startups that will share the food technology revolution with the world! Your work will include both designing and implementing GFI’s marketing plan; moving new companies forward in the marketplace; and launching incredible, new plant-based and “clean” animal products to consumers in collaboration with the other members of GFI’s communications department. You will empower the food revolution by:
- Collaborating with the other members of GFI’s communications team to develop successful, innovative marketing strategies across the organization.
- Working with startups and entrepreneurs to write creative briefs for marketing programs and determine requirements for development and execution of marketing materials.
- Managing marketing campaigns for start-ups and mission-aligned companies, soliciting creation of and feedback on creative materials, keeping projects on schedule and within budget, and ensuring marketing campaigns are executed effectively.
- Planning product launch events and assisting in directing media strategy surrounding such events.
- Designing, managing, and executing social media advertising campaigns.
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking smart, thoughtful, and creative self-starters who want to push back against climate change, transform industrial animal agriculture, and develop healthy and humane foods that are accessible to everyone.
GFI’s Senior Marketing Specialist must be extremely creative, have a strong work ethic, exceptional writing abilities, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and enthusiasm about GFI’s mission. Above all, we are looking for applicants with creative vision who are able to generate innovative ideas and collaborate effectively with key decision makers. You will enjoy a high level of autonomy in this role and must be self-motivated, work well both independently and in concert with a larger group, and be comfortable working with a rapidly evolving and growing team.
We are considering candidates with a bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, advertising, communications, and/or a related field with a strong preference for applicants with 3 or more years of professional experience.
Enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, working from home, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues at The Good Food Institute!
To apply for this job please visit www.gfi.org.