Creating a healthy, humane, and sustainable food supply
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic efficacy and the exploitation of billions of animals annually. As a nonprofit, our mission is made possible by an incredible team of talented staff using a variety of technical tools and systems. GFI’s Senior IT Specialist will provide highly skilled technical support to all staff; manage the databases, websites, and other systems that power our mission; and ensure our work is bolstered by innovative and effective technologies.
How You Will Make a Difference
As GFI’s Senior IT Specialist, you will work behind the scenes to provide high quality technical support to our team, and implement systems and procedures that will make our work as effective as possible. You will be an essential member of the team and will assist in transforming agriculture by:
- Providing technical support to all staff, including troubleshooting and resolving issues with hardware, software, and third-party systems in a timely and professional manner.
- Assisting the Director of Operations with evaluating and implementing technical tools and databases, including a CRM database, task management systems, digital asset management, electronic signature tools, webinar and video conference systems, and other resources to power GFI’s remote team.
- Writing procedural documentation and conducting staff trainings regarding technical tools and databases.
- Offering expert guidance on new and emerging technologies that will fuel GFI’s continued success.
- Providing WordPress development support to the design team and ensuring GFI’s web sites are optimized for usability and accessibility.
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking smart, thoughtful, and creative self-starters who want to push back against climate change, transform industrial animal agriculture, and develop healthy and humane foods that are accessible to everyone.
Providing a high-level of support to GFI’s team will require a friendly, positive, and customer service oriented personality; advanced knowledge of computer hardware and software; a proven ability to successfully troubleshoot technical issues; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to manage a variety of tasks and meet deadlines; and enthusiasm about GFI’s mission. You will enjoy a high level of autonomy in this role and must be self-motivated, work well both independently and in concert with a larger group, and be comfortable working within a rapidly evolving and growing team.
Enjoy working from home, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues at The Good Food Institute!
To apply for this job please visit www.gfi.org.