Creating a healthy, humane, and sustainable food supply
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic efficacy and the exploitation of billions of farm animals annually. As a nonprofit, our work is only possible thanks to the support of a large community of passionate supporters. GFI’s Major Gifts Officer will be the primary liaison between GFI and our leading individual and foundation supporters. By inspiring their generosity, your work will directly impact how quickly we can transform the global food system with the latest innovations in plant-based and “clean meat,” dairy, and eggs.
How You Will Make a Difference
GFI is 100% supported by philanthropy, and currently most of our funding is comprised of leadership donations. As our Major Gifts Officer, you will be responsible for securing the essential funds that power our work to transform animal agriculture, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, conserve natural resources, and prevent animal suffering on a massive scale by:
- Leading all aspects of GFI’s Major Gift Program, including cultivation, fundraising, and stewardship events, as part of a small and growing Development Team.
- Building strong, meaningful, long-term relationships with our leading individual and foundation donors, working closely with the ED and program staff, to maintain and expand their support.
- Develop and execute creative strategies to expand our major donor base, ensuring that we have a robust prospect pipeline.
- Preparing and executing moves management plans for all donors in your portfolio and meeting monthly performance metrics.
- Crafting and presenting creative funding proposals, identifying new and unique opportunities for fundraising growth, and preparing compelling personalized progress reports.
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking smart, thoughtful, and creative self-starters who want to push back against climate change, transform industrialized animal agriculture, and develop healthy and humane foods that are accessible to everyone.
This role requires a natural ability to build rapport with people from all walks of life, excellent written and verbal communication skills, the capacity to work independently and effectively under the pressure of constant deadlines, enthusiasm for GFI’s mission, and adherence to a healthy, plant-based lifestyle.
Above all, you need have an upbeat, engaging personality that will attract new supporters to invest in our mission and the ability to consistently motivate current donors to maintain and increase their support. You will enjoy a high level of autonomy in this role and must be self-motivated, work well both independently and in concert with a larger group, and be comfortable working within a rapidly evolving and growing team.
We are considering candidates with a minimum of five years of previous development experience, including two years in a major gifts officer capacity. A bachelor’s degree is preferred. This is a remote position, with a preference for a major metro area on the East Coast. We seek a candidate who is willing and able to travel extensively throughout the U.S., with frequent evening and weekend work.
Enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, working from home, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues at The Good Food Institute!
To apply for this job please visit www.gfi.org.