Creating a healthy, humane, and sustainable food supply
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is on the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic efficacy and the exploitation of billions of animals annually. The Good Food Institute’s General Counsel and Director of Corporate Affairs will have a critical role in ensuring that a good food future happens as quickly and efficiently as possible. At GFI, you will support our continued organizational efficacy by managing legal compliance in all aspects of our operations, assisting with our legal policy, and ensuring sound fiscal management.
How You Will Make a Difference
As GFI’s General Counsel and Director of Corporate Affairs, you will be our first line of defense against potential legal issues and will be responsible for implementing a strong fiscal management strategy for the organization. Your work will empower us to transform animal agriculture by:
- Ensuring that the organization is in legal compliance and handling any other legal issues that may arise during the day-to-day operations.
- Providing high-level legal guidance to GFI program staff, ensuring their initiatives are in compliance with all applicable laws, and avoiding any potential conflicts of interest.
- Reviewing and drafting contracts, leases, and other legal documents.
- Maintaining compliance with all corporate governance requirements and human resources and employment regulations.
- Overseeing the development of GFI’s annual budget and monitoring spending monthly and quarterly.
Who We’re Looking For
We are seeking smart, thoughtful, and creative self-starters who want to push back against climate change, transform industrial animal agriculture, and develop healthy and humane foods that are accessible to everyone.
The General Counsel and Director of Corporate Affairs must have an extremely strong work ethic and ability to see projects through to completion, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, scrupulous attention to detail, and enthusiasm for GFI’s mission. You will enjoy a high level of autonomy in this role and must be self-motivated, work well both independently and in concert with a larger group, and be comfortable working with a rapidly evolving and growing team.
We are considering candidates with a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school with a preferred undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, business, or an equivalent field. Previous experience in a general counsel or associate general counsel role and managing budgets of $3 million or greater preferred.
Enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, working from home, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues at The Good Food Institute!
To apply for this job please visit www.gfi.org.