TerViva is a 7-year-old food and agriculture company. We believe that if we are to feed the rising global population in a climate-constrained world, we need to use the land we have better. We produce plant protein and vegetable oil by growing a non-GM, sustainable tree crop called pongamia with dramatically higher yields than traditional crops like soybeans. In addition, we grow pongamia on farmland that can’t be used for traditional crops due to weather, disease or market challenges. Compared to soy, pongamia has far better economics and a superior sustainability footprint (lower need for fertilizer, sequesters carbon, products can be sold as soy substitutes). TerViva has put advanced pilot crop installations on various soils and climates to validate yield and has signed key offtake partnerships for oil and meal.
For more information, please see www.TerViva.com, and our blog, ag2point0.com.
AgFunder Co-Investment Fund III is now open for investment. Closing June 15, Spots are limited.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced financial controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Candidate must be a CPA with strong background in accounting to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts, inventory and payments. The candidate will work with TerViva’s bookkeeper, helping to oversee the organization of accounting files, posting transactions to Quickbooks, preparing financial statements and conducting monthly reconciliations. Experience with budgeting, forecasting, planning, variance analysis and reporting is valued.
This position requires expertise in full cycle accounting in GL, AR, AP, Cost Accounting, month-end close and reconciliations. Excellent interpersonal skills are needed for interfacing with senior management, auditors, nursery partners and other members of the TerViva team. Successful candidate will pass rigorous background check.
· Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
· Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
· Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
· Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments.
· Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
· Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
· Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
· Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
· Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
· Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
· Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
· Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Required Skills and Education:
· CPA required with 7+ years of experience in GAAP accounting.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or related major.
· The candidate must be authorized to work in the United States without Visa support.
· Experience working with outside auditors.
· Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
· Experience with creating financial statements.
· Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
· Deep working knowledge of Quickbooks Online, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
· Experience with Salesforce and ADP TotalSource is a plus.
· Strong written and verbal communication.
· Impeccable analytical and organizational skills.
· Self-motivated and self-directed.
· Ability to work closely with a senior management team.
Salary & Benefits:
· Base salary commensurate with experience. Potential 10% bonus.
· Stock options commensurate with role and experience.
· Medical and dental, vision and life insurance (employee premium fully paid by TerViva).
· 4 weeks paid time off annually.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.