REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
LOCATION: Shawnee Mission, KS
AgFunder Co-Investment Fund III is now open for investment. Closing June 15, Spots are limited.
RELOCATION: Relocation package is available
Please send cover letter, resume, and response to questionnaire (available at www.TechAccel.net/careers) to either:
Via email to:
Via US Mail to:
6811 Shawnee Mission Pkwy
Shawnee Mission, KS 66202
No walk-ins or recruiters.
TechAccel is looking for an energetic, results-oriented Director – Partner Alliances (Director) to build relationships with key industry partners driving collaborations around our technologies and platforms. As the Director, you will initiate and develop close relationships with various industry partners and define the evolution of relationships over a time horizon while delivering business value. To be successful, you should be able to understand a variety of different agriculture, animal health, animal nutrition and food technologies as well as key TechAccel assets. You must be capable of articulating the value proposition of TechAccel and go-to-market partner alliances.
As Director, you will play a key role in building and cultivating relationships and opportunities with existing and new partners. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry around innovative technology solutions in agriculture, animal health & nutrition as well as food technologies.
You will be responsible for driving revenue generation by creating and implementing the company’s strategy to successfully identify and engage key partnerships. Partnering with internal teams to ensure implementation around due diligence, which ultimately leads to licensing and other agreements with strategic partners, is a key to success in the Director position.
If you’re passionate about agriculture, animal health and nutrition and food sectors, have previous experience working with Alliances in these sectors, and want to work for the next fast-paced Technology Advancement company accelerating time to market through science, then this is the role for you.
- The Director leads and drives the TechAccel alliance partner strategy. Identifies and prioritizes strategic partner gaps.
- Owns and executes process for creating formal relationships with partner companies.
- Conducts analysis, including valuation and business case modeling, to provide detailed guidance and insight regarding potential partners; evaluates strategic, operational, and financial impact of potential partnerships.
- Drives partnering strategy in leading the transactional process from first contact through due diligence and negotiation and execution of agreements.
- The Director is responsible for identifying and evaluating alliance opportunities. Responsible for leading and coordinating interaction and business opportunity development with key alliance partners.
- Defines strategy for each partnership with clear deliverables and metrics with the evolution of the relationship.
- Works with TechAccel team in negotiating and managing alliance partner contracts, opportunities and providing constructive feedback to keep the alliance healthy.
- Manages alliance partners to maximize TechAccel advancement and growth.
- Develops ecosystem awareness and improves TechAccel’s visibility with alliance partners leading to new opportunities.
- Interfaces closely with the Investment Analysis and Science Advancement Teams and other key operational functions to ensure successful implementation of partner opportunities.
- BA or BS degree (MBA or Ph.D. preferred); Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in business development / joint venture / alliance management.
- Recent experience building strong and productive relationships with strategic partners and ensuring the partnerships are driving technology acceleration and growth.
- Existing relationships with key corporate development executives within multi-national and other strategic companies in the agriculture, animal health and nutrition and/or food technology sectors.
- Demonstrated leadership in identifying and evaluating deals, and driving business decisions and negotiating complex partnerships.
- History of driving co-development activities and developing joint solution outside of primary product teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, prioritize, work independently, and problem solve, working comfortably under pressure.
- Must have outstanding written and oral communication skills; can prepare written communication and convey information and concepts clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents, with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams internally and externally to manage and implement complex partnerships.
Ability to understand technology/platform features and be able to translate into business value; willingness to dig into details.
- Must have strong analytical skills, be a clear thinker, and able to balance between technology and business concepts.
- Proven ability to gather, translate and leverage quantitative and qualitative market insights into commercial and competitive opportunities.
- Strong strategic thinking; strategic decision making
- Demonstrated ability to take on challenges and find solutions, regardless of having direct accountability/reporting responsibility (i.e., lead by influence)
- Highly developed analytical skills – a strong mix of financial, development, commercial
- Excellent Judgment – regarding the “how,” “what,” and “when” of addressing alliance partners and key stakeholders with sensitive issues
- Public Speaking – must be able to address and persuade key stakeholders to make decisions and follow a set course of action
- Significant mediation skills for group or individual interactions
- Strong financial experience
- Technology assessment expertise
- Sales ability / persuasiveness
- Cultivating partnerships
- Leadership disposition
- Business acumen and judgment
- Able to drive results
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity with strong attention to detail
TechAccel LLC was founded in 2014 as a first-of-its-kind technology and venture development company in the agriculture and animal health sectors. TechAccel sources, invests in and acquires early-stage innovations. Through collaborations with universities and research institutions, TechAccel conducts advancement and de-risking research and development to ready technologies for commercialization. For more information, visit www.techaccel.net. Follow us on Twitter at @Tech_Accel.
TechAccel is an equal opportunity employer. All employees are hired, compensated, promoted, disciplined and evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. TechAccel strictly prohibits any and all discrimination and harassment based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. Any incident of such harassment or discrimination must be immediately reported to the appropriate management level employee.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]