Agri-Business Executive Search
Globally agriculture shows great potential, though the sector remains largely fragmented, yet it has managed to consolidate more and more into large, integrated operations. Several factors are reshaping the global agriculture industry, leading to a spate of new business models, consolidation, and thus, M&A activity. For Our Client, this presents tremendous opportunity.
In this context, we are seeking a food/agribusiness-focused focused professional on behalf of our client. This individual will spearhead identification, investing and developing emerging, value-added food businesses across the globe.
AgFunder Co-Investment Fund III is now open for investment. Closing June 15, Spots are limited.
– To develop a comprehensive approach / strategy to capitalize on the growing demand for agricultural produce, including the recent spike in demand for clean biofuels, agribusinesses that allow for diversification of growth.
– Working with leadership to prudently decide where and when to make investments. Ensure a well-shaped portfolio management capability (portfolio strategy) to ensure the right investments are made by applying structured and standardized go/no-go decisions to new and current initiatives
– Moving beyond a broad approach to agribusiness investment which traditionally has been an opportunistic one (They are not against opportunistic investments), but understanding the need that can be defined by a pre-set strategy.
– Focus potentially on the Upstream (Farmland Investments / Plantation Assets) primarily as active pursuits & some key areas of the mid-stream. Currently there is no interest in the downstream – though eventually this can be a point of discussion.
– Focused on market entry strategies and M&A deal strategy, valuation, and due diligence
– Delivering growth rates and returns on invested capital that could eventually be among the highest in the global agribusiness industry.
· Lead investment sourcing, screening of investment opportunities and execution activities, including but not limited to collection and analysis of market information and potential investee companies in target countries/cities;
· Construct, review and maintain detailed financial/operating models (including but not limited to detailed budgets and discounted cash flow analyses) for existing and potential investments;
· Development of investment structures and terms; Draft investment memoranda and conduct comprehensive due diligence;
· Development of investments post-funding, including provision of functional support
· Potential exit strategy
Our Client understand that the value chain can be long and complex, markets can be volatile, competition intense, margins thin, and performance can hinge on a range of unpredictable factors, often in unfamiliar or developing geographies. Thus, the leadership team at Our Client will want to effectively leverage the power of this individuals Food & Agribusiness expertise and knowledge to understanding of the whole agricultural value chain, from primary outputs through to end products. The firm seeks to add value by utilizing its knowledge base, relationships and industry experience to support organic growth, strategic acquisitions and ownership transitions.
You will have an evidenced career creating value at leading agribusiness companies, both as an industry executive and a management consultant. Your connections in the industry, and clarity of the economic drivers of performance will have to be significant
· MBA or relevant advanced degree from a leading university in the United States or Europe
· CFA is a clear value add
· Strong financial analysis skills with extensive financial modeling experience in Excel
· Ideally 12 to 15 plus years’ experience
To Apply – send resume to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]