Springworks is looking for a full-time team member to oversee our commercial growing and research operations. You will be joining an energetic team passionate about improving our food system. In order to thrive in this position, you must have a strong attention to detail, a creative approach to problem-solving, and an excellent work ethic. Below is a list of primary responsibilities:
– Ensure data collection is properly organized and carried out
– Evaluate the health and productivity of our plants and fish
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
– Methodically design and carry out experiments in our Lab to improve the growing process
– Accurately project amount of produce available for sales and harvest team
– Plan out variety choice and transplant schedules
– Quickly spot unusual conditions in the growing environment and work with our team to stem the problem
– Identify nutrient deficiencies by look, feel, and/or lab analysis
– Assist with the design and engineering of future Springworks’ greenhouses
– Implement policies and procedures to improve the efficiency of our greenhouses
– Communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff
Education and Experience
– Bachelor’s (or more advanced) degree in a related field
– Experience with and knowledge of hydroponic or aquaponic systems, vegetable greenhouse production, plant nutrition management, and/or IPM is preferred
Springworks is a rapidly growing sustainable agriculture company formed three years ago to have a positive impact on the way we grow, distribute, and enjoy our food. Leveraging the power of aquaponics, our Farm produces certified organic lettuce all year in Maine, while saving about 2.2 million gallons of water and producing around fifteen times more lettuce per acre than a traditional farm. We are the largest commercial aquaponic system in New England and will be building out an even larger greenhouse this summer.
Springworks also designed and facilitates the manufacturing of a small aquaponic system, The Microfarm, which goes over the top of a ten-gallon aquarium to share the science and joy of aquaponics with a much broader community. Microfarms are now growing in over forty schools across the nation and hundreds of homes.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Director of Horticulture and Research.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]