Make farmers and ranchers profitable. Develop the data platform for a better food system.
Position available: Software Engineer, Full Stack Android
PastureMap’s data analysis and mobile app platform empowers ranchers to make more money while building healthy grasslands. Since launching in 2016, we have built a user community of 5000+ producers in 26 countries. PastureMap’s mobile app helps ranch teams record grazing data and manage their animals in the field. Our analytics platform combines grazing records with soil and rainfall data to help ranch managers make better decisions. We are building the information backbone of a better meat supply chain. Our vision is to create data insights that empower ranchers to see the results of their management, and to share their knowledge to accelerate innovation towards a better food system.
Software Engineer, Full Stack Android
You will lead development on the Android part of our platform to transform how ranchers make decisions globally. We take rancher success very seriously – it is the core of what we do.
You are responsible for leading Android development efforts and contributing to our full stack, but your ultimate job is to build awesome, world-class tools to help farmers and ranchers get more profitable.
– Lead development of Android app features from design to launch.
– Take on other development tasks as needed, such as REST API and web app development.
– For example, in 2017: Enabling animal lifetime records that will enable birth-to-harvest traceability for the meat supply chain. Integrating soil and rainfall data for ranchers to compare their performance with similar regions globally.
– You want to use your skills to make a positive impact on the food system.
– Proven Android development leadership – built and shipped Android applications on the Google Play store or other Android store (send us a link).
– Passionate about delivering world class user experience on mobile.
– Comfortable working on the full software stack, from API to Android app UI.
– Experience creating REST APIs for mobile apps using Django, Rails, or similar framework.
– Minimum B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
– 3+ years of app development experience.
– Web app development experience using AngularJS.
– Experience working with farmers or ranchers.
– Experience with GIS, maps, and geolocation.
– You enjoy deriving valuable insights from data.
To apply for this job please visit pasturemap.com.