Smallhold is an agriculture technology company that builds climate-controlled, subscription-supported Minifarms for restaurants and retailers. We manage our network of Minifarms remotely, making it possible for anyone to grow meaningful amounts of produce, effortlessly. Smallhold is a pioneer in the fields of distributed and indoor farming, on a mission to create access to the freshest, most local food imaginable.
Smallhold is also:
- The only organic farm in NYC
- The only mushroom farm in NYC
- The world’s first Distributed Farm
We’re looking for a core team member to own product development from ideation to deployment. You’ll work with a team of capable engineers to internationally scale Smallhold’s Distributed Farm, changing the fundamentals of food distribution.
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Building and managing the product team
- Implementing and scaling issue tracking/project management infrastructure
- Owning roadmap and product strategy
- Informing product design
- Defining and owning product success metrics
- Working closely with our team of skilled engineers, in charge of developing the product/engineering culture
- Working closely with marketing, management, operations, etc. to prioritize features
- Overseeing sprints, hitting deadlines, and running QA
- Running customer and vendor interviews to inform product
- Communicating product changes internally and externally (vendors and channel partners), ensuring successful adoption
- Defining go-to-market strategy for large feature rollouts
- Degree in industrial design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or other relevant field
- 5+ years in industrial design and product roll out
- 3+ years management experience
- Experience with at least 2 full NPI cycles
- Proficiency in Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Strong appreciation for fresh, local and sustainable food
- Experience with various industry standards (compliance, safety, performance, etc)
- Startup experience a plus
- Experience with retail, agricultural, commercial/refrigerated merchandising products
- Electrical systems knowledge a plus
To apply for this position email your resume to [email protected] with a short intro explaining who you are and why you’re interested in this role.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]