Smallhold is an agriculture technology company that builds climate-controlled, subscription-supported Minifarms for restaurants and retailers. We manage our network of Minifarms remotely, making it possible for anyone to grow meaningful amounts of produce, effortlessly. Smallhold is a pioneer in the fields of distributed and indoor farming, on a mission to create access to the freshest, most local food imaginable.
Smallhold is also:
- The only organic farm in NYC
- The only mushroom farm in NYC
- The world’s first Distributed Farm
We’re looking for engineers to own product development from ideation to deployment. You’ll work with a team of capable engineers to internationally scale Smallhold’s Distributed Farm, changing the fundamentals of food distribution.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with senior engineers to design, test, and build climate and irrigation systems and PCBs for our Minifarms from the ground up
- Use issue tracking software to qualify and respond to tickets
- Strategize Smallhold product rollouts by region and version alongside sales and operations teams
- Act as the binding agent between our IoT technology and our mushrooms
- Bachelors of Electrical Engineering or a related field
3+ years professional experience in a technical role working with hardware applications and product roll-out
- Experience creating schematics and PCB layouts
- Experience with at least 2 NPI cycles
- Experience integrating wireless (cell, WiFi, BLE, etc.) into embedded designs
- You have a strong appreciation for fresh, local, and sustainable food.
- Full Stack Developer Experience
- Provide technical support to insure a successful launch of a product
- This function extends to the areas of resolving quality issues with new and existing products
- Experience with various industry standards (compliance, safety, performance, etc.)
- Preferred experience with:
- Kicad or EAGLE
- Git Proficiency
- High-growth company experience
- Experience with retail, agricultural, commercial/refrigerated merchandising products
To apply for this position email your resume to [email protected] with a short intro explaining who you are and why you’re interested in this role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com