Located just east of Regina, SeedMaster is a company that was founded on innovation.
Our focus is simple. Unbeatable precision and rugged reliability from tank to shank. That’s our philosophy. But we also understand the underlying drive behind farming—profitability without sacrificing sustainability.
Our vision is to lead the agriculture industry by producing innovative, reliable and precise seeding solutions that bolster farm success and sustainability.
SeedMaster is currently seeking a Design Engineer to join our Engineer department. This position is responsible for the design and development of new products through research and development as well as improving existing products.
AgFunder Co-Investment Fund III is now open for investment. Closing June 15, Spots are limited.
· Contributes on research and development projects, carries out assigned responsibilities in a timely, diligent, safe and professional manner
· Ensures quality in a products design for usability, reliability, functionality, and manufacturability
· Leads product design verification and validation to satisfy product and customer requirements
· Work closely with sales and customers to provide innovative and productive solutions
· Provide feasibility, concepts, technical, costing and pricing information to management on new products
· Design and detail new product development using 3D CAD
· Gather and document field information which may include: measurements, loading scenarios and unique customer requirements
· Have a positive and professional attitude and provide leadership to create a good working environment for others
· Travel may be required, up to 10% of the time
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Engineer or Technician role, preference will be given to candidates with at least 10 years’ experience
· Extensive knowledge of and experience with SolidWorks or other 3D CAD systems
· Professional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
· Highly motivated and self-disciplined with excellent organizational skills
· Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, with good judgment skills
· Proven knowledge of agricultural equipment and practices as well as direct experience with agriculture will be considered an asset
SeedMaster is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]