At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
The engineers at Plenty are revolutionizing the way humans grow food. We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer for our HVAC team to help create the most efficient farms that the world has ever seen.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer on the HVAC team, you will be developing the environmental control systems which enable Plenty to grow the world’s best produce. And by engineering the most energy efficient systems possible , you will be helping drive prices to a point where our produce will be available to everyone. In this role, you will be part of a passionate and dynamic team that is developing new technology from the ground up.
What You’ll Do
– Drive first-of-its-kind HVAC system design in an environment that values innovation and system design at the limits of physics
– Perform load calculations and specify HVAC equipment for next generation indoor farms
– Do detailed design of air distribution systems to reduce energy consumption and optimize plant growth
– Create and issue mechanical drawing packages using Revit and AutoCAD design software
– Bring up and validate the HVAC equipment and systems that you design
– Use best available analysis tools and methods to rapidly iterate on designs
What We’re Looking For
– Full project lifecycle ownership or leadership on HVAC design for multiple high complexity projects
– Demonstrated ability to perform HVAC load calculations, equipment selection, and specification
– Thorough knowledge of commercial design process from conceptual level to construction level design
– Comprehensive and physics based understanding of existing HVAC technologies
– Deeply analytical and creative problem solver that can clearly articulate complex engineering principles
– B.S or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
– PE in Mechanical Engineering preferred
– Exceptionally collaborative
– Experience mentoring other engineers on – HVAC system design
Plenty is a new kind of farm for a new kind of world. We’re on a mission to bring fresh, local produce to communities everywhere in a way that’s better for the environment by using 1% of the water, 1% of the land, and none of the synthetic pesticides or fertilizers of conventional agriculture. Our local field-scale indoor farms are creating a healthier, more delicious and sustainable future.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.