Plenty is a new kind of farm for a new kind of world. Our local, field-scale, indoor farms are creating healthier, more delicious, produce in ways that are sustainable for the environment and for our planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are looking to add to our mission-driven team, a Facilities Manager, who will guide our current and future facilities teams in multiple locations.
In this role, you will lead maintenance teams, minimize downtime, and ensure Plenty facilities meet or exceed food and worker safety standards.
AgFunder Co-Investment Fund III is now open for investment. Closing June 15, Spots are limited.
What You’ll Do
Team Management and Growth
- Manage a team spanning multiple locations, that is responsible for completing daily maintenance, new projects, and minor remodels according to plans and budgets
- Set and lead teams to achieve downtime goals for all company locations
- Train all maintenance staff and contractors based on Plenty GMPs
- Train location staff to adhere to contractor sourcing and management standards when selecting contractors for new projects, maintenance, or other work
- Set recruiting, training, and promotional strategies for people within the Facilities department
Financial Management & Reporting
- Create and maintain facilities budgets
- Create and present reports and dashboards communicating personal and team progress against goals
Establish and Maintain Facility Standards and Compliance
- Ensure all Plenty buildings meet health, safety and food safety standards and also the legal requirements
- Audit buildings to determine need for repairs or maintenance to comply with such standards at least annually
- Comply with all Facilities, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- Participate in the yearly review of the food safety system
- Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system
- Ensure the methods and responsibility for the maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings shall be documented, planned and carried out in a manner that minimizes the risk of product, packaging or equipment contamination
- Responsible for all logs and documentation for facilities owned SQF programs (Premises and Equipment Maintenance, Calibration, Cleaning & Sanitation, Waste Disposal, Exterior)
- Participate in the commissioning of new facilities by validating test results and establishing location-specific facilities management systems
- Set procedures for the use of the maintenance management system (Fiix) and similar programs in conjunction with Facilities Managers
- Develop contractor sourcing and management standards
What We’re Looking For
- 5-10 years of experience in facilities management at a large greenhouse, manufacturing, or production facility
- 5+ years of people management experience with both hourly and salaried employees
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and HVAC systems
- Experience working with Fiix or similar maintenance management system
- OSHA 10 or comparable safety training/experience
- Experience with root cause analyses
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience commissioning new equipment
- Ability to be hands-on with the team, farm, and equipment, including the ability to lift 30+ pounds
- Experience working in a food-safe environment
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.