Plenty is a new kind of farm for a new kind of world. Our local, field-scale, indoor farms are creating healthier, more delicious, produce in ways that are sustainable for the environment and for our planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are looking to add to our mission-driven team a manager for our South San Francisco production farm who will manage the farm team to achieve their yield and quality goals.
In this role, you will lead our San Francisco Farm Operations team to achieve their daily, weekly, and longer-term goals. You’ll work with a diverse team to execute our end-to-end farm production process, including growers, operations associates, and a production planner.
As new technologies are turned over from our development team to your farm for validation, you’ll create and document standardized processes to prepare them for rollout to Plenty’s other farm locations.
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
What You’ll Do
Focus on Production Quality and Goals
- Set and achieve ambitious production goals
- Communicate goals to your team’s leaders, supervisors, and staff
- Interface with internal and external customers who demand the SSF farm’s product
- Consistently hit Plenty’s mind-blowing product taste and quality standards in order to achieve superior brand recognition
- Work with the SSF Facilities team to prioritize equipment-related projects.
- Ensure high productivity, minimal downtime, and minimized overall production costs in all SSF farm spaces
Promote Safety First
- Champion a relentless commitment to food and worker safety
- Ensure the appropriate allocation of resources for food safety, worker safety, and product quality
- Comply with all Facilities, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- Participate and in the annual Management review of the Food Safety and quality system
Team Management and Leadership
- Lead the SSF grower, operations, and production management teams
- Manage all future hiring, including labor planning and requests
- Review team schedules and ensure optimum staffing levels to achieve output and cost goals
- Ensure culture is cohesive and teams are integrated
Operations and Budgetary Control
- Manage to a budget, working with the Head of Farm Operations and Strategy and the Finance team to set cost targets
- Manage the planning, budgeting, commissioning, and validation of new equipment and technologies in the SSF production farm.
- Document processes and lessons learned so future farms can follow identical procedures
What We’re Looking For
- History of simplifying processes and removing production bottlenecks
- Past experience operating a large-scale manufacturing, agricultural and/or similar facility
- Experience doing FMEA’s
- Experience scaling a product from nothing to large volume
- Experience driving out cost out of production
- Experience making production processes repeatable and reliable
- Experience managing to a budget
- Past experience leading a team of both hourly and salaried employees
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.