PLANETARIANS’ patent-pending technology adds value to overlooked ingredients like defatted seeds, converts them into a high-protein, high-fiber ingredient, and helps food manufacturers fortify a variety of food products with natural protein and fiber from seeds.
Repurposing defatted sunflower seeds from animal to human consumption we demonstrate the potential of feeding growing population simultaneously reducing the impact on the planet.
- Add value to farmers and crush plants across the value chain
- Require 100x less land, 40x fewer water and emit 70x less CO2 than cattle
- Can feed 10-20 more people from the same ingredients if repurposed from animals.
SunMeal – an ingredient from sunflower defatted seeds – is available in flour-like and crisps-like form with the neutral, pleasant taste of sunflower seeds. SunMeal has 35%plant-based protein, 18%fiber, and just 1%fat.
SunMeal is allergen free and non-GMO, unlike soy-based proteins. SunMeal is 5x cheaper than pea protein, and is a good source of fiber. SunMeal has 2x more protein than beer spent grain flour. Replacing 30% of All-purpose flour with SunMeal doubles the protein and fiber content, keeping costs the same.
Imagine food becomes superfood, healthy fast food, cost-effective humanitarian food aid… Imagined? – Our mutual job is to make it real.
You will focus on marketing support of our B2B sales to food, foodservice, formulations companies via distributors, you’ll play a critical role in growing the company. You’ll source and close accounts with new partners for mutual product development and ingredient sales. You will attend various conferences and events as well as leverage any potential networks to significantly build the business. You will communicate with industry media to support the PLANETARIANS’s branding and mission. You’ll also have the opportunity to develop and shape systems and strategies as you design PLANETARIANS’s marketing and sales processes with food, foodservice and formulations customers. This position may be remote.
PLANETARIANS was featured by Today’s Dietitian, ABC, Sustainable Brands, Mind Body Green, Successful Farming. PLANETARIANS efforts recognized as an Emerging Innovator in the Circular Economy by Ellen Macarthur Foundation.
- Identify & source potential key buyer accounts
- Create marketing materials demonstrating how PLANETARIANS’ ingredients can help them achieve their goals
- Educate distributors and manage their marketing activity
- Manage the industry media relations to ensure that all marketing activity is presented on a consistent basis to capture a share of mind and create buzz.
- Serve as an outside sales executive to fill pipeline and close key B2B food, foodservice and formulations companies, working closely with the CEO
- Attend food and agriculture events to network and build relationships with buyers (travel 30%)
- Gather buyer data and research market to determine appropriate pricing for company products and services
- Decide final buyer pricing, negotiate contract and agreements and close buyers.
- Support new buyer product launches
Skills & Experience
- Passion for PLANETARIANS’ mission
- Exceptional skills in Marketing leadership and strategic thinking.
- Persistent go-getter with 5-10 years of experience in B2B Marketing, Sales or Business Development (in food, ingredient sales or produce, a big plus)
- BA, Business or similar (MBA a plus but not required)
Ability to prequalify accounts and consistently fill the pipeline to meet sales goals
- Proactive / Takes initiative; ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer-facing experience
- Strong organizational skills (keeping CRM up-to-date) and follow-through, detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface across departments for flawless execution
- Existing network and/or understanding of food manufacturing or produce industry a plus, but not required
- Previous startup experience strongly preferred
Compensation is in the range of $100,000-$125,000 + Stock options.
Looking for more info about us? Take a look at our founder speech at Ag Innovation Showcase.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com