PLANETARIANS’ patent-pending technology adds value to overlooked ingredients like defatted seeds, converts them into a high-protein, high-fiber ingredient, and helps food manufacturers fortify a variety of food products with natural protein and fiber from seeds.
By repurposing defatted sunflower seeds from animal to human consumption, we demonstrate the potential of feeding growing population simultaneously reducing the impact on the planet.
- Add value to farmers and crush plants across the value chain
- Require 100x less land, 40x fewer water and emit 70x less CO2 than cattle
- Can feed 10-20 more people from the same ingredients if repurposed from animals.
SunMeal – an ingredient from sunflower defatted seeds – is available in flour-like and crisps-like form with the neutral, pleasant taste of sunflower seeds. SunMeal has 35%plant-based protein, 18%fiber, and just 1%fat.
SunMeal is allergen free and non-GMO, unlike soy-based proteins. SunMeal is 5x cheaper than pea protein, and is a good source of fiber. SunMeal has 2x more protein than beer spent grain flour. Replacing 30% of All-purpose flour with SunMeal doubles the protein and fiber content, keeping costs the same.
PLANETARIANS was featured by Today’s Dietitian, ABC, Sustainable Brands, Mind Body Green, Successful Farming. PLANETARIANS efforts recognized as an Emerging Innovator in the Circular Economy by Ellen Macarthur Foundation.
Your focus will be on creating partnerships with manufacturers, distributors, key customers, authorities and charity organizations. You’ll source and close accounts with new partners for mutual technology, product development and ingredient sales solving challenges in climate change and growing population. You will attend various conferences and events as well as leverage any potential networks to significantly build the business, and also have the opportunity to develop and shape systems and strategies.This role includes developing PLANETARIANS’s sales processes and relationships with food, foodservice and formulations customers. This position may be remote.
Imagine food becomes superfood, healthy fast food, cost-effective humanitarian food aid… Imagined? – Our mutual job is to make it real.
- Identify & source potential key partners
- Develop solutions demonstrating how PLANETARIANS’ ingredients can help them achieve their ambitious goals in reducing impact on the planet, CO2 emissions, fighting malnutrition, feeding growing population
- Sell partnerships with the company
- Attend food and agriculture events to network and build relationships with potential partners (travel 30%)
- Digitize and visualize the benefits of partnerships with PLANETARIANS
Skills & Experience
- Passion for PLANETARIANS’ mission
- Persistent go-getter with 5-10 years of experience in B2B Sales or Business Development (in food, ingredient sales or produce, a big plus)
- Experienced project manager who can juggle a lot of moving parts with strong executional / operational roll-out skills
- Proactive / Takes initiative; ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer-facing experience
- Strong organizational skills (keeping CRM up-to-date) and follow-through, detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface across departments for flawless execution
- Existing network and/or understanding of food manufacturing or produce industry a plus, but not required
- Previous startup experience strongly preferred
Compensation is in the range of $100,000-$125,000 + Stock options.
Looking for more info about us? Take a look at our founder speech at Ag Innovation Showcase.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org