Help ranchers make profits building healthy grasslands
PastureMap’s mission is to help farmers and ranchers make profits building healthy grasslands. As a PastureMap teammate, you will help farms, ranches, and agencies free up valuable time and increase profitability by adopting technology solutions. You’ll help farming businesses and agencies use data to make decisions in the field, plan ahead with teams, and be responsive to drought and rainfall events that change every season. You will also be helping farmers around the world share knowledge on how to build healthy soil, sequester carbon, and increase wildlife and plant health on their land. You will help build new markets in the food system that reward farmers – from carbon ranching credits to wildlife friendly meat brands.
You will work in a fast-paced startup that requires you to learn fast, be flexible, and wear multiple hats – often in the same day. As a teammate in an early stage startup, each person has a big impact on the company. You will be expected to take leadership from Day One. Your impact should be to take the company to a level it was not previously able to achieve before hiring you. Successful candidates are proactive learners, results driven, and passionate about our mission.
Diversity and inclusion is a critical part of PastureMap’s team DNA, not a nice-to-have. We are committed to building an inclusive future that works for all in both the tech and agriculture sectors. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If you think that you meet 50% of qualifications listed, you should apply!
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
Software Engineer, Full Stack Web
You will lead development on our REST API backend and contribute to web app development to transform how ranchers make decisions globally. We take rancher success very seriously – it is the core of what we do. Your ultimate job is to build awesome, world-class tools to help farmers and ranchers get more profitable.
– Lead development of REST API endpoints to analyze data and power our web and mobile apps.
– Work with web and mobile app developers to create and update REST API endpoints.
– Refactor and optimize backend code to improve performance, stability, and scalability.
– Manage integrations with external services including weather data providers, payment gateways, and logging and alerting systems.
– Develop scripts to import and process ranch and sensor data.
– Contribute to frontend web app development as needed.
– You want to use your skills to make a positive impact on the food system.
– Passionate about delivering world class user experience.
– Experience creating REST APIs for apps using Django, Rails, or similar framework.
– Experience working with relational SQL databases
– Experience with distributed caches such as Redis or Memcached.
– Minimum B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
– 3+ years of professional backend software engineering experience.
– Web app development experience using AngularJS or similar framework.
– Experience with rural / agricultural communities, working with farmers or ranchers.
– Experience with GIS, maps, and geolocation.
– You enjoy deriving valuable insights from data.
I’m in! What’s next?
– Submit your resume, cover letter, and Github repository/sample code to [email protected] Tell us what you’ve built, shipped, and why you care about what we’re doing.
– We’ll call you for a 15 minute intro call and invite you to take a coding challenge.
– Invitation to come to our offices to meet the team, you’ll do a sample work project to figure out whether we enjoy working together
– Offer to join PastureMap team. Start bringing value to ranchers and building a better food system.
To apply for this job please visit angel.co.