Website Nexgen Plants
Plants for Future Generations
It is Time to Join the Management Team of a VC Funded Startup
Are you interested in solving challenges and joining a startup company? Nexgen Plants is seeking a highly motivated and result-oriented Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to join our Leadership team and share our aspiration to develop plants for future generations.
The company has achieved major technical milestones and is currently expanding its leadership team to develop commercial products using new breeding techniques and to strengthen its effort to identify more innovative solutions for the agriculture and food value chain The CTO will lead the development of the company’s R&D and ensure timely advancement of products across the portfolio.
The role reports to the recently appointed Chief Executive Officer. We are looking for talents beyond their skills. The candidate is expected to bring a balance between strong technical and management experience allied with an ability to work effectively with a team and in a rapidly evolving environment. Experience with project management systems would be a desirable attribute.
· Lead the company’s R&D to meet business objectives and timelines
· Provide thought leadership in the development of new products and processes
· Lead and motivate a research team to produce outstanding results and ensure success of the projects, efficient planning and resource allocation.
· Inspire people, provide technical leadership and training, manage R&D operations
· Engage proactively with the Scientific Advisory Board and work with the CEO to identify new partners, innovative product ideas, define product concepts and prioritize projects
· Work with a global network of innovation partners, coordinating the company’s effort to build relationships that can ensure the successful development of innovative solutions
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
· Advanced technical degree (Ph-D) in Plant sciences or related field
· Experience with a minimum of 10 years, preferably Ag Biotech
· Outstanding organizational skills with a strong affinity to work in an entrepreneurial environment
· Proven experience in managing team and collaborative work style
· Proven experience in managing a portfolio of projects, to set and monitor KPIs
· Demonstrated continuous learning and communication skills
· Demonstrated cross-functional roles
· Industry Experience
· International Experience
· Commercial and financial acumen
· Strong understanding of biotechnology regulatory processes as well as best practices for quality assurance and safety protocols
To Apply for this position, send a letter and CV to [email protected]
Contact Person: Philippe HERVE, CEO Nexgen Plants
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]