Process Engineer (Mycology)
MycoWorks creates new materials through the solid-state fermentation of mycelium. Our current focus is on scaling up production of our leather-like material that behaves and performs like an animal hide for our world-class customers who have completed testing and validation.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic process engineer to focus on statistical and trend-based data analysis of environmental conditions and clean-room (aseptic) preparation of growth media. You are excited by mycology, process engineering, research and development, and revolutionizing the world through environmentally sustainable processes and products!
– Will spend 1-2 days a week in a cleanroom to oversee experimental grow operations in order to provide feedback on experiments directly to R&D team
– Will revise and execute R&D draft SOPs for material finishing and mycelium growing in order to perfect processes
– Can process large amounts of time-series data and correlate to grow dynamics in real time
– Mastery of at least one programming language compatible with automation of data processing and/or electromechanical systems and measurements (i.e. matlab, python, etc).
– Can apply statistical analysis techniques and thought-processes to environmental condition data
– Abides by a data-driven approach to engineering R&D
– Generates experiment reports and conclusions and documents learning and feedback
– BS or MS in biology, fermentation, mycology, etc., with at least 4 years of process engineering experience in biotech or fermentation
We are democratizing access to venture capital. Learn how you can invest with us.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]